GRCS: New vs. Old

I hope I am not putting a damper on this festive moment. I am not trying to.

The rubber mounts look like they need to be replaced. Top right side looks rough, bottom right looks a little rough the one on the left not so bad. Top left, not sure of. Other than that nothing. I am just nit picking a little. No biggie to replace them routine maintenace. Congrats and welcome to th GRCS club. How many new members as of late have joined 2 or 3.

I downloaded you pic and sent it to paint and drew a few little arrows to show what I see. But now your pic won't download for me because it is an invalid file, bmp. If you look close you see the rubber pads have tears in them and needs to replaced on the mount.

Larry, open the picture with Paint again, then on the toolbar click 'file' and then 'save as'. When the new window opens up, choose to save the picture as a .jpg.

If you just click 'save', it defaults to .bmp which is a sucky format. They have changed it in Windows Vista, the pictures automatically save as .jpg.

I let my 'bumpers' get really messed up before I bother replacing them. I did find them locally so I dont worry about them

Actually.

I don't understand how that can be a 'pain' to do.

Frans,

Anything that requiries a little exra work is pain to me anymore these days.

Just getting out of bed some mornings is a pain.

Remember the band --- BTO -- and the hit they had-- Taking Care of Business

I think part of the chorus went something like this --- Being self-employed , I love to work at nothing all day.

I can relate to that very easily that is not a pain to me:D.

We will see if it works now. I think it will work now. Thanks Brian. I hope I can remember this for later on down the road if I need to.

Attachments

• GRCS.JPG
    GRCS.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 152
I agree, wait until you have bent the bolts, and the rubber looks as tattered as a tire gone flat then driven on at 70MPH

so i used the aluminum bollard for the first time in nearly 2 years of owning this device. how often if ever do you guys use it?

I've been up at the arboretum for almost a year now and never used the aluminum bollard. Seems cool for jobs with lots of lowering where you're worried of burning out your ropes, but yhaven't hit a situation like that yet.

jp:D

Back