Niftylift SD50 vs SD64? Vs crawler?

MrTunaCat

Treehouser
I really want to get a man lift for my business. Right now I only have access to a deal on the SD50 which I’m not crazy about. I really want an SD64. But also the width really concerns me as it won’t be able to access as many properties as the crawlers.

Has anyone used both the SD50 and SD64?

Is the SD50 any good? Or should I just wait?

Also how do niftylifts compare to the skinnier crawlers?

I’ve been happy with my CMC 72 hd. Lighter than a sd64, more height, better access. But the 500 pound weight rating of the sd64 is nice.

I really want to get a man lift for my business. Right now I only have access to a deal on the SD50 which I’m not crazy about. I really want an SD64. But also the width really concerns me as it won’t be able to access as many properties as the crawlers.

Has anyone used both the SD50 and SD64?

Is the SD50 any good? Or should I just wait?

Also how do niftylifts compare to the skinnier crawlers?
I'm a dealer for Nifty Lift, I've sold a SD64 to Oahu and another to Kauai. I'm also a user of the SD64. @treesandsurf is the owner on Oahu.

The width would be a problem if you were working in tight areas... I've been using SD64s for 9 years (bought my first from another dealer). I might would go to a spider if the travel and boom speed wasn't so slow... but I'd be going with a ~100' spider for the extra height. I wish they'd make an SD84 (or taller).

The boom and travel speed of the SD64 is fantastic compared to spiders. The SD64 is considerably more turf friendly than any spider. Spiders can get in tighter areas, but typically have less outreach, especially with a decent chart (I'm ~250lb and mainly do removals, a 176lb outreach does me no good). The SD64 is at 70' with up to 12' of outreach. 30' of side reach you still have 60' of height.

The SD50 sucks compared to the SD64, but it beats climbing almost always. The SD64 has 4 wheel steer and 4 wheel suspension, as well as the ability to raise the boom while traveling. The SD50's basket stays down to drive it. The SD64 has a 3 stage top boom with essentially an elevator for a lower boom, meaning you have full outreach from basically ground level to ~30' working height. The SD50 you have to raise the bottom boom all the way to get the max outreach. The SD64's jib and basket rotation are frequently nice for me.

Here's a play list of SD64 videos I've made.
SD64 Playlist
Here's an SD50 walk around video I made.
Nifty SD50 Walk Around

Here's a picture my groundy took today.
1714007763591.jpeg

I’ve been happy with my CMC 72 hd. Lighter than a sd64, more height, better access. But the 500 pound weight rating of the sd64 is nice.
More height? Their chart shows 70.8' with the dude reaching over his head.

1714007589798.png

Back