Fighting The Heat!!!

In these parts, wasps and other flying critters that aren't your friends, are particularly attracted to the color black with aggressive behavior. I have witness it directly myself on a cycling trip when stopping in at a covered bench thing, my friend being swarmed upon immediately after removing his cap and exposing his black hair. Stung on the scalp like a dozen times, he had to ride off in an ambulance.

I see they are marketing men's suits now with a heat reflective fabric that doesn't allow the temperature to penetrate, something new that a guy at a university developed. I haven't seen it in regular work clothes. The world favors white collar.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lordy, I'm loving my investment... it really works. My buddy Mike's ordered his: has anyone else gave a thought to it?

I've thought about it, but this summer hasn't been too hot here so far. And to be honest I rarely think about the heat while I'm working. I would die without good AC in the truck on the ride home, though!

Hey MB, got the vest back, thanks. Im going in to the shop today so will take 2 vests with me. One for me and one for my machinist. Supposed to be 100 today and man when we are welding it gets HOT in that shop. I was ranting about these vests 2 years ago but nobody was interested, they save me in the heat....

I've thought about it, but this summer hasn't been too hot here so far. And to be honest I rarely think about the heat while I'm working. I would die without good AC in the truck on the ride home, though!

Same here Brian, can't live without AC down here, especially in heavy traffic. Out in the country with the breeze blowing and moving at a rapid clip that's fine.

That might be real useful for a friend of mine. He is active, but has some ailment that doesn't allow him to sweat properly.

I bookmarked their site. Yesterday I got hot enough that I was getting chills and a little nauseous. It was WAY hotter than usual for here though. Last week it was in the high 60's/low 70's and this week in the high 90's. If I run into that again I'll probably pick one up. Any downsides to the vest yet?

Not a single complaint so far. I highly suggest that you buy one! I love mine, I wish I could sell them here. The first group I'd hit up would be roofers...

Where are you, Adam? Your profile is BLANK...

Fixed. :) I'm just south of Boston. I grew up on the cape and moved toward the city in '03. I don't understand the allure of the cape one bit..

I only work once or twice a week for a friend of mine. Works out well for me because it's infrequent enough that I'm always looking forward to it. I'm always fresh because I'm not grinding it out 5 or 6 days a week. My primary gig is as a work from home freelance programmer and FT dad to a crazy 19 month old.

I'm considering picking up a vest just to keep around. Man the way I felt yesterday I would have paid twice that to not feel like such chit!

Hey Paul, have you noticed that freezing the packs isn't any better that just tossing them in the fridge?

Hey Adam, in what town did you grow up? I've been in Orleans for 28 yrs. less a couple in Boulder,Co. I love it here and totally hate it at the same time. If you get down this way look me up. We can grab a beer or chill in a canopy.

Hey Paul, have you noticed that freezing the packs isn't any better that just tossing them in the fridge?

Cannt say Ive noticed. I have 2 sets of packs in a cooler of ice every morning with my lunch and drinks. About 10-30 11ish I put it on and just cycle through them the rest of the day. Weird thing is the other day my machinist wore it for about 1/2 hour then took it of, said it didn't cool him much. My groundie won't wear one either:? and I was suppling it... I gave up pushing it but I take it every hot day;)

I was really hoping the one you tried out was going to be better than these but guess not .....

Hey Adam, in what town did you grow up? I've been in Orleans for 28 yrs. less a couple in Boulder,Co. I love it here and totally hate it at the same time. If you get down this way look me up. We can grab a beer or chill in a canopy.

I grew up in Mashpee, but you had to go through Sandwich or the Mills to get there. We were just connected by the pond. Man, I don't miss it at all. Crazy summer traffic and not much to do in the winter. My buddy grew up in Chatham and his dad has been doing landscaping around there for forever. I'll see about tagging along with him on a trip down this summer. He rec climbs and we're just getting his brother who lives down there to start drinking the kool-aid. :) Maybe we can all get a climb in. I'll prob have a vest by then too for you to get a look at, too!

Back