The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

Fighting The Heat!!!

Jack

Treehouser
I'm gonna feel like a cyborg wearing that stuff.
:O WOW! I hope you will post some pix of the rest of the crew when you put that on. :D

Seriously, I hope it works. :)

Of course, you know, you'll have to a do a product review. ;)

PCTREE

Treehouser
Well at least if you don't like it you can return it in a month. Im tempted by it too, if it enabled me to do a few more jobs each summer it would pay for itself. Cool vest and cool water in the summer sun......

PCTREE

Treehouser
That vest wouldn't work for MB as it is an evaperative cooler. When the humidity is as high as down south nothing evaperates.....

woodworkingboy

TreeHouser
High humidity also means that things get moldy very quick, at least in these parts. One reason I hate the rainy season during early summer.

MasterBlaster

Administrator
Staff member
I had a vest like that and it was heavy/ dripping water all the time. It didn't cool for "hours" and you needed ice water to make it effective, not tap water.

MasterBlaster

Administrator
Staff member
I'm currently using those "cooling tubes." They work great for 20 to 30 minutes, then I need a fresh one. They are truely better than nothing!

vharrison

Island Girl
How much does it weigh? Can't wait to hear if it is worth it. I have a new climber from New Jersey and he is already feeling the heat.

Oldmilltreecare

TreeHouser
These are a brilliant idea! I've never heard of anything like it before, probably because I live in England.
However, when it gets to 30 degrees it's a huge shock to the system and we really struggle.
I'd be interested to know if there is one on the market that is effective for around 3 hours.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?yvgxbr

bonner1040

Nick from Ohio
Did you get the one with the back pack or one of the cooler ones?

Do you have to keep it connected to the cooler/backpack continuously or just to recharge it?

I hope it works for you, looking forward to the review..

1BUS

TreeHouser
30 degrees celsius? have you tried a camelback full of ice with just a little water? I think it would help a bit and would probably last 3 hours at that temp.

MasterBlaster

Administrator
Staff member
The camelbak doesn't cool you at all other than from drinking.

I bought the backpack model, of course. Can't wait til it gets here - I'm really curious about this sucker. I sure hope I don't need to repack it and get a refund

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!