"ER" Appreciation Thread

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Missed it.

It had an unusual sub-plot; experiencing dying through the eyes of an old man who was originally one of the founding fathers of that hospital. Very weird, strange, and cool.

I can't believe the fricking show is gonna stop.

I have always loved medical shows and find myself very forgiving of what must surely be hoaky props to those in the medical 'know'...
House is my new fave, but sometimes I can't help giggling when somebody shouts, "He's SEIZING !!!"

WTF? :what:

Why was Carter on a drip? Cancer?

Damn, they better not kill off any more nigras...

I'm still pissed over Pratt. :what:

WTF? :what:

Why was Carter on a drip? Cancer?

I curled up with a box of kleenex (bad cold) but fell asleep half-way through. Last thing I remember was the transplant heart was of the wrong blood type....just after Neela (sp?) held it a couple feet above the patient's body.

I need to find a spoiler site and catch-up.

The final seconds showed some sorta clinical setting and people were sitting in big comfortable chairs with an IV in them. As the camera panned down the individual people it came to rest on Carter. Cancer? AIDS? Some weird disease he brought back from Africa? Stay tuned...

What makes you think that? Have you read/seen something?

Just the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the scene. I think (I am not a medical professional and am guessing) that chemo is administered from IV bags and people are treated with "AIDS cocktails" orally and with IV drugs. The machine in question appeared to be doing something more than just administering one or more drugs.

Google is our friend:

As a result of [Carter’s] once near-fatal stabbing, which led to my subsequent drug addiction, I come back from Africa requiring additional medical treatment for my one remaining kidney. I’m embarrassed to get treatment at County General, so I go up to Northwestern to get my dialysis up there, and that’s where Dr. Benton spies my name on a patient list and comes to pay me a visit," Wyle told TV Guide.

Back