"ER" Appreciation Thread

dammit! quit ruining it! :P there are lots of folks that are an hour or more behind y'all, think about that Spoilerman! :P

I fell asleep in the first few minutes....Neely (?) and the blonde doctor playing kissy-face.....

dammit! quit ruining it! :P there are lots of folks that are an hour or more behind y'all, think about that Spoilerman! :P

Suggestion: Paul, Don't open this thread until AFTER you've seen the episode.
.duhhhhhhHHHHHhhhhhhh! :roll:

:P

haha! :P to you both!

Its all good, the episode was ok, I dunno, seeing Carter's sad puppy face as he leaves the ER each night is kinda old news, it was cool when they showed the promo piece with a bunch of clips of old stuff like when Romano got the Helicopter lesson.

Thanks Boss, we taped it, we shall watch tomorrow or over theweekend, we can now look forward to an exciting, unspoiled show. :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pile%20of%20Money.jpg

FYI E.R. runs three hours tonight, a one hour retrospective then two hour show, then thats it!!!

starts at 2000 (8pm) locally

Well, the ending was kinda cool but overall I was a tad underwhelmed. It was neat how they used the original soundtrack.

hm. we just watched the tape of the three hour show. was nice to see the snippets of the old timers etc, we had a few of the ' hey I remember when..." moments and a few "what happened to ....?" as well. The last episode was somewhat anticlimactic yet it held our attention.
Like Third Watch, I am frustrated that they ended the series when I still looked forward to it each week.
I (we) still cant believe it was on for 15 years! dang, the time flies, I remember watching the first season with a friend of mine on a regular basis, hard to imagine that it began a long time ago, unless you look at some of the veteran actors and compare their now and then pics, like Carter for instance. :)

well, on to the next fad, I wonder what it will be. I will really miss ER, I had grown so used to watching it every Thursday evening, so many actors have passed through as well, cameos or full on characters, I think that was one of the strong points of the show.

I am frustrated that they ended the series when I still looked forward to it each week.

I was feeling the same way, but Noah Wyle explained it on the Today Show. He said the writers had covered every storyline possible and they wanted to go out while they were still on top, and I can understand that. He said it was better to go out this way instead of dragging it on and on until the ratings dropped. I gotta admit I was getting sick of some stuff, especially Dr. Benton always saying "Come on, people!!! MOVE!!!" I'd love to know how many times he said that during his run, ha!

I was amused by the dichotomy (at the very end) between the show 'dying' (going off the air) and the ambulances full of people needing help pulling into the ER bay (as if the show were going to keep on going). The inference being that 'the show' (life) WOULD go on (just not on our TV's) whether there was someone to watch, or not.

Back