"ER" Appreciation Thread

Paul..........do you find that shows about sick children, or children in danger aren't anywhere near as easy to watch now that you're a 'dad'? You can answer tomorrow.....I already know the answer.

Pretty cool how they got the old crew in.

No....but they did pretty well. Look at their necks....it's a sure give away that they're getting as old as the rest of us!! Ha!

Did you cry, Butch? Come on, admit it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Meh, they wasted too much time on the dying kid slant...

And they coulda done better with Marks reappearance.

I'll give it a 5.

ha, no I didnt cry Che. I have always had an issue where tv shows drag the heart strings out and show kids in distress/dying. I couldnt imagine how a parent could go on after losing a kid like that. I have left the room and/or turned off the tv when shows get too off colour with kids suffering etc, no need for it IMHO.

To be honest, I have a client that called me a few months ago, trying to get info on starting horse chestnut seeds, their daughter was killed last year and she had this favorite tree thing... I couldn't bring myself to read the email link he sent me about the situation behind her passing. I have seen two reports on the tv news in the last month about that family's battle against the drunk driving rules in our province. Their 4 year old daughter was feeding a horse a handful of grass and a drunk went off the road and plowed in to her and her aunt, killing her and putting her aunt in the hospital for a long time. :(

Before I knew the story I had spent an hour meeting them at the tree they talked about, drove near 45 mins each way to get there, a couple hours internet researching and emailing nursery experts. I ended up telling them to nevermind a bill, how the hell could I charge them for something like this? I will be in touch with them over time to check in on the seedlings etc, its worth it. :)

Wow, Paul. That must have been pretty intense....sounds like you did the right thing (at least IMHO) and probably felt 'honored' to be able to.

OK, so it wasn't a 'tear jerker'......I was wrong. But they have only ONE season to round out this new character so I guess they have to move quickly.

I hope they get Carol and Doug back together for a show.....and Luka.

I hated that guy. I was hoping Peter B woulda knocked him out at some point.

ER did this years ago:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MpraJYnbVtE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MpraJYnbVtE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

will do! we watch pretty regularly, dunno what we will get up to when all these series end. :shifty:

It IS kinda odd that they're killing it while it is doing so well.

I don't get it. Hell, Days of our Lives is still on...

Wife watches that too. :( I HATE it.

I am not down with the whole 'going out on top' thing with TV shows, frig that, keep'em coming till we dont want them anymore.

Back