Eating lunch

Sometimes now if I don't have lunch, or it's a weak one, about four o'clock I might start to shake a little. Something isn't right.

When I work with Dad, I have to remember to stop at exactly 12. He will get grouchy and start to shake. He is 69 but as long as I have known him we have always taken a lunch.

We were not permitted to eat on the go either. Made too big a mess and you might f up the machinery if you were not paying attention.

Now that I run the crew we take a lunch. My hired man smokes so he takes a smoke break once in a while, still out works most folks.

I like to take 15 to 30 mins to catch my breath, even if I am not too hungry. I like to regroup with the crew. Refocus and make adjustments to the plan. Make sure safety is not being compromised to achieve production goals.

After eating lunch, I often get it in my mind to go run and get a Big Mac. It can get to be a real mental dilemma, to go for one or not. I can go back and forth on it. if I restrain myself to about two o'clock, I no longer have the desire.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
^yep!
I tend to eat a big breakfast and bring a few Kind Bars and water to the job. IMO stopping for lunch kills production and makes for a longer day.

Thanks every one for the welcome. I go through about a gallon and a half of water a day in the summer winter we go on lay off as for breakfast I haven't ate breakfast in years I've always been a lunch guy. But it's cool to hear everyone's different ways of getting through the day every one has a different out look..... I like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's what mama always said lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McDonalds is all over. Business is way way down from them, some scandal over ingredients that they were getting from China.

I start nearly every day with a plate of scrambled eggs and toast. Eggs, milk, butter (and often bread) from right here. How many eggs I order depends on what I've got on the agenda for the day.

3 eggs OM, taters, bacon, & sourdough toast, then off to work here. Might have a doughnut or two later but usually just coffee on job and that gets sent up about 1/2 the time. Been that way for over 30 years.

Winter: Buckwheat pancakes for breakfast & a few cornmeal muffins later in morning.

Always been a two meal/day person with some snacks in between.

I eat on the go. Will likes to have a 30 minute, unpaid lunch. Used to be paid beginning to end of day. Eat as we go, mini breaks, eat before hungry, drink before thirsty. Stop to stretch. Don't abuse the system.

When we do arbo work, we stop for lunch as it fits into the work.

In the woods breaks are on exact time, because that is how we check up on each other.

We pre-set the cabin heater in my truck so we have a nice warm place for our ½ hour lunch break in the cold season.

I need a LOT of food when I'm logging, that really burns calories.

I think that's the thing for Butch and the tropical boys, hot weather makes you thirsty not hungry. when it's warm here I can barely eat lunch, I almost have to put it in my mouth like a function rather than enjoying it. In cooler temps I'll stuff my face.

It makes a difference for sure.
We log in winter and I eat like a ( vegetarian) pig.
In summer I get by with a lot less calories.

Breakfast shake after morning stretch and workout to prep for the day then always pack a lunch and plan lunch around the workday. Lunch is usually a Tupperware of leftovers almost always eaten cold. Lots of water and Gatorade sent up and for ground guys. Water is key during quick lunch time discuss new or adjusted plan for safety and communication.

I graze around lunch time. A full meal puts the brakes on me. My guys are welcome to take a formal lunch break like any other place of employment. I find that they'd rather bang out the work, eat between tasks, and be done a bit early. Once in awhile we grab hoagies or something. I make sure to buy on those occasions. It meant something to me back in the day when the boss bought me lunch.

I buy pizza on occasion and have it delivered, otherwise same as Chris, guys have the option but rarely take the sit down

We always have breakfast, and get a load of work done then have an early lunch (Hot food usually) before cracking back into it. My diet enables me to run off my fat store so I have 30,000 cals in the tank instead of 3000 :)

Back