Eating lunch

Seedling345

TreeHouser
Ok so I was on a thread over in the gear forum and realized the only bitch I have about my harness was no accessory loops not for gear tho I travel fairly light but some days we start a tree just before lunch and I like to tie my lunch on am I the only climber that does this. Imagine hanging in a tree relaxin eatin lunch staring out over a lake or lookin down from the tallest trees in the forest any one have stories or pics of views.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just have our groundie throw a slip knot in and toss down my caribeaner n clip on my lunch pale I

Dude I need one of those ate the top of the oak out back that's sweet

I rarely eat lunch. I end up feeling slow usually. If I eat when actually working I just grab something as I pass by the truck.

That means he agrees with the previous post.

Welcome to the TreeHouse, Seedling. What is your first name? Mine is Butch.

Make yourself at home here, Kevin.

I would never eat lunch in a tree, unless it was a rec climb, and I don't do rec climbs. My goal when I enter a tree is to get out of it ASAP... no lunch breaks when I'm aloft.

Moreover, I don't believe in "Lunch Breaks." You keep working... if you need a break, take a break, and nibble on something but don't shut everything down for 30 minutes. My goal is to get home early and not milk the job to make a day.

I have only eaten in a tree a handful of times in 20 years. Rarely get hungry up there.
I have had my flask of tea sent up many times, I NEED tea regularly.
You wouldn't like France's lunch breaks Butch, 2 hrs in a restaurant!
We don't go for that, stop for 1/2 an hour then back to it, get home quicker!

Make yourself at home here, Kevin.

I would never eat lunch in a tree, unless it was a rec climb, and I don't do rec climbs. My goal when I enter a tree is to get out of it ASAP... no lunch breaks when I'm aloft.

Moreover, I don't believe in "Lunch Breaks." You keep working... if you need a break, take a break, and nibble on something but don't shut everything down for 30 minutes. My goal is to get home early and not milk the job to make a day.

I enjoy climbing I've only ate up there a few times but I enjoyed it... My rec climbing capabilities at limited though my gears for removals mostly I actually just bought my first pair of climbers I've been spur less for 2 seasons my Forman let me use his a few times though but I feel the not doing rec climbs

I rarely eat lunch. I end up feeling slow usually. If I eat when actually working I just grab something as I pass by the truck.

^yep!
I tend to eat a big breakfast and bring a few Kind Bars and water to the job. IMO stopping for lunch kills production and makes for a longer day.

My wife makes me a hell of a lunch on tree work days. I often have enough to offer snacks to the bros. Why, because I usually bring home cash.

I have climbed all day with no break plenty of times and I will say that I get burned out early. My crew gets a lot more done in a day when we take lunch. Not too long of a lunch. Under 30 minutes total, lunch and breaks.

Back