EAT! Its hot and you have to eat, what do you go through a day?

I eat a lot of fruit in the summertime heat. I take up a lot of space in the freezer with trays of berries, peach slices, and pine apple chunks. Let them freeze up and mix them into containers. Back in the freezer till I leave for work in the morning. A couple quarts worth is good for the day. I find it best when it's softened, but still slightly frozen. Coffee for breakfast and whatever Wifey makes ( or has me make) for dinner. Fast food maybe once a month. Most of the meat in our house comes from local farmers.
I also drink a lot of water at night and in the morning before I leave the house.

There are two types!

The first type is more company owned/based, always on the books. You MUST take a 30' lunch - the time is gonna be deducted from your check anyway.

The second is not so much 'by the book.' They pay cash and you charge by the hour. LOL @ lunches!

I always liked that model better.

I paid gate to gate. From the time I asked you to be in my yard ready to go, until the time my trucks got you back and you're free to go. No formal breaks, stop for a fifteen min lunch, take a five minute knee throughout the day if needed. But not to many knees or you know.....I'd be pissed!

As for eating? Original poster you eat six eggs plus all that other stuff for breakfast everyday? Six eggs seems like a lot, I eat three eggs for breakfast, usually poached, and I thought that was a ton.

Yeah, thats what I thought.

I was worried for a second that you had succumbed to the "morality" of meatless Mondays.

That kind of crap is why I don't really like to call myself a vegetarian.

Too many nutballs gather under that flag.

Jim, you know I used to raise cattle, right.
And SLAUGHTER them in fall.

Man, I need to find that Doctor Strangelove part about " Cattle can be raised and SLAUGHTERED" with saliva dripping down his chin.

There's no real difference between summer and winter for my food.

My normal breakfast is 1/2 liter of milk chocolate with bread, butter and jam. "Normal" because often I'm in late, so I spare the needed 15' and eat in the truck on the way. Not milk obviously but the same as my lunch: 1/3 small sausage and some crispy muesli. I have always in the truck many sausages and muesli's packs : my standard survival rations:D ! So I don't have to worry about the day's menu, nor have to prepare it.;). Compact, easy to store, hard to corrupt, full of energy, and roughly with all the basic nutriments.
I eat when I can, or when I want, as the work goes, between 11 to 16 or even later.

Important point, I drink a lot of ice tea (actually, not iced, just room tempered). I have a lot of that in the truck too.

On the way home (1 hour to 1,5 hour trip 4 days a week), I usually eat some muesli again, to replenish a little my energy level. And that helps me to stay awake too.

For diner, it's either a normal menu if my daughter is at home (she likes cooking), or it's a can of prepared meat and vegetables, eventually straight from the can if I don't feel up to heat it (not very tasty I have to say!). I add some cheese, a fruit yoghurt and something sweet and tasty.
Later, watching the TH for example, it's a whole chocolate bar, and maybe, well... no, often, some muesli or the like, peanuts, dates, popcorn ... with a lot of ice tea of course.

Time to time, some home owners bring me/us a real lunch. It's very kind of them and I appreciate really, but actually I'm not so happy because my stomach doesn't like to be full when I climb, and that leads usually to a uncomfortable afternoon.:(

My most important concern with eating, then heading out for the day is... moving my bowels.

Am I the only one who frets over that?

I want to have it all over and done with before heading out.

I just have a piss before living home.
I don't worry about the heavy stuff and I hate waiting on the throne. I take it when it's time and it's rarely a concern on the job. That comes usually when I'm back at home.

I piss very first thing after waking, then coffee/muesli, then throne, then off to work. It helps to not eat exotic curries etc on a work night as they can disturbingly disrupt the routine.

I guess I should stop lurking and start chiming in again! Lol. Breakfast Mickey D's sausage biscuit, lunch I have to force myself to eat. McDouble, protein bar, and bananas work great to prevent Charlie horses. Lots and lots of water, power aide sugar free kind, and V8 is the bomb! Dinner I have been leaving the carbs out and mainly chicken and beef with veggies.

Ha! I am reading this on a quick return to my domicile, you see, I did not have a single sip of coffee before I left the house, bad idea. Waiting for my first appointment who (luckily) stood me up, I had a drink of coffee. No less then 60 seconds later nature was calling. Thankfully I was close to home... okay, back to work!

Hell yah I have a phobia of public washrooms. I once took a bus north to buy a truck and drive it back. I went well past 24hrs with no BM. I do much better sticking to my regular routine. Lol.

Ouch.

The restroom on a greyhound bus has got to be the most foul place on earth.

Wouldn't even consider it. The bus ride was hell, I was up almost 24hrs as I had the purchase price on me cash. I still remember half dozing with my hand over my chest pocket. Lol. When I got to Prince George from here the seller picked me up from the bus depot in the f550 I was buying, we drove to Tim Hortons got a coffee, I was like 'it runs, take me to the insurance office as there's no way I'm taking the bus home". Lol. Hit the insurance office, dropped him at his house and was heading home in under an hr.

That's quite the story, Justin! Must have been a big wad of cash.

I did some smuggling on greyhounds and amtraks, never used to can though!

Smuggling? It was only 5g. A really good deal that I jumped on. Still didn't want to get jacked up by some lowlife no matter the dollar amount. I remember a couple of guys at stops that looked to sit beside me. I just shook my head and pointed down the aisle. Lol.

I took a bus trip from Athens to London 72 hrs non stop except for 20 minute every 4 Hours. Greece, Yugoslavia, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium. That was pure hell, I was ill, had just recovered from very bad stomach problems.

My most important concern with eating, then heading out for the day is... moving my bowels.

We have all the necessary gear on truck for pooping most anytime/anyplace- plastic bags, wipes, shovels, hand sanitizer. As far as the morning dump goes, y'all probably know that if you 'have to go' but just aren't quite ready at the given moment you have available, sit on throne then put all your weight on your arms which are pushing down on throne, no weight on your buns/legs, it all come out in just a few secs. It is said that sitting is the least 'healthy' way to poop, squatting like in Asia or propping like above are better.

Back