Crazy Rigging Event + Weird Job Offer!

Altissimus

TreeHouser
Have a buddy who does event staging work (though we made Snow at same Ski Area). He's been building a giant ski jump inside Fenway. Impressive staging. Have been following progress via messages. Have some pics that I can't share or post yet. Got a call that they looking for climbers with gear and chainsaws to remove "Snow" from staging after. Two days work. Still have not got any response w details. Though I probably won't go unless pay was ridiculous high. Curious though what it's worth to the Production Co. It's generally all deep pockets sponsor money anyways.

I bet it's good money. I would go, once in a lifetime opportunity!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
...scaff is ten foot higher than the the stadium lights at top. Contracted Killington Ski Area to make Snow ... Been a bit warm for that and plan B is to truck in Ice , chop it , hand shovel into place. Can't share the pics as it his job on the line. I figure the climbers will cut pieces for shovelers to push off.

I saw that thing in the news, looks different and ambitious.

As far as needing chainsaw guys, Boston area has one of the world's highest density of tree services afaik.

Thought of that too , maybe no Email because they called Mayer Tree for all their needs. Found one pic that it is okay to post but can't figure out how to do anything but text it to someone else if they could post it.

He said they spent a little over a day just hand hauling 1/2" tags to place wire rope guys to temporary anchors. Was asking me about winches and ascender combos...

Mayer would eat up that fairly huge, first-time-ever event like it was a little appetizer, especially in winter.

Thanks Joel , that pic plus a few others we could prob get away with in this forum. For event an elevator runs to just shy of top...have to hoof last few flights of stairs to 160'

Sorry it took me a bit. Reminds me of all my time building half pipes at Stratton mtn. for the US open!
559a5e73e650eddb9d6f576e29f90fa5.jpg

All things heavenly rarify to air. Trees produce that heavenly air. Breathe air and take care!

Hella pic.

Doesn't look like Mayer's crane afaik.

I must be missing something as to the layout?' in my head if it goes how it looks to me it looks like it'd be easy to overshoot and land on the flats? I'm sure they've got it fingered out better than I. :D

I'm guessing there's going to be a kicker at the bottom of the initial drop, at the elevated flat area. Steep kicker, lots of air, minimize distance = nice downslope landings. Such a jump would cause me to walk away no matter how well they built it, but that's me.

That makes sense Chris. Nut bar stuff for sure. Seeing how I'm a telemarker I'd just click my free heels together three times and repeat there's no place like home and hope it was all a bad dream.

A few more from Dave. As warm as it looks like they might use the mats like lake placid in summer.
73fd48b3f6d03dc6447c9bd602a35451.jpg

446dcd3d8b56cb61909c5e9f7f0509af.jpg

e1d80d19e79c3ae622228c728b8a939a.jpg

All things heavenly rarify to air. Trees produce that heavenly air. Breathe air and take care!

Thank for helping Joel ! ...wanted to show the near finished height. All the Stairway Steel has to be guyed. Anchored to piles of giant Concrete blocks.

Seeing how I'm a telemarker I'd just click my free heels together three times and repeat there's no place like home and hope it was all a bad dream.

:lol:

Crazy pictures!!

Back