Craigslist thread

That's hysterical! LMAO !
Too bad Craigslist doesn't allow posted comments on their ads. That'd be sweet.

Selling on Craigslist

I put mom's $40,000 power wheelchair on Craigslist for $2,000.

Of course, I've been getting the expected emails from the con-artists, etc.

Received a phone call from a man claiming to be from New York, or maybe even Canada, who wants the chair.

If I give him an email address to PayPal the money to, is there a way I can be conned? What are the risks?

I know if he wants to overpay and then have me write him a check for the difference it's a scam.

Anything else to watch out for??

Its a scam.......100%. I promise you that. Ive gotten a ton of those "i'll paypal the money" responses. The money gets yanked right back out of your account in about 3 weeks. You, and the authorities will never trace the scammer. They're as skilled at scamming as we are tree work. Ask for bank check or money order and watch him disappear.

So when the money is sent to a gmail account, I guess I have to link that to a bank account to actually get the money?

I've sent money by PayPal before, just never received money from PayPal.

It's the cadillac of electric wheelchairs. Medicare paid for it. The government should pick it up and re-issue it to the next person that needs one, but noooo, if you need one and qualify for it, your's and my tax dollars will pay for a brand new one for them.

Just one more problem with out health care system.

Depends on what it is .The Jazzey Elite I got for my wife was around 3g's new and I picked it up for I think 240-250 at an auction and it looks brand new .The power lift that goes on the car was $2100 new ,200 from Craigs list and it looks nearly new.

It needs a set of batteries, two at $89 a pop .So the time I get a hitch on the car I'll have less than a thou in it .

I saw a guy with an electric "one of those chainsaws" pollarding an Acaccia street tree.

I'll hacve to take a picture, I think he hits them about 4 times a year...

Back