Craigslist thread

I wouldn't leave things around and expect them to be past on, without also somehow leaving specific instructions to do that. My mom tossed out my well ordered baseball card collection, and included in there were both Mickey Mantle and Willie Mays rookie year cards in mint condition. Any idea how much those are worth today, and how much bubble gum I chewed to obtain them!

dildo%20dog.jpg

That's not so unusual. People have no idea that the value of their wood is far less than the value of the work it takes to remove the tree.

It's unfair to throw that around as a blanket statement. I've come across several companies in the Midwest that would advertise free tree removal in exchange for the firewood. Not only that, I believe Roger has shared stories of tree removals where he was able to sell the logs for so much money, even the client got a payment!

As a general rule, you're right. But I do believe it is reasonable for the average joe to not know better.

and included in there were both Mickey Mantle and Willie Mays rookie year cards in mint condition.

Oh mang, Jay, That's wicked bad. I feel for you, as a teenager getting shuffled around, I lost a huge box of 40's train cars and tracks and mint comic books...
passed down to me......

Nick, We did a job where the Walnut log was sold and everyone came out fat.
home owner, Us, wood hauler, and eventual recepient, like a $10k log...

A large Zelkova log could fetch a hundred grand once. Those times are long gone, but still a few folks wait for their return. Like the Cubs winning the series...

It's unfair to throw that around as a blanket statement. I've come across several companies in the Midwest that would advertise free tree removal in exchange for the firewood. Not only that, I believe Roger has shared stories of tree removals where he was able to sell the logs for so much money, even the client got a payment!

As a general rule, you're right. But I do believe it is reasonable for the average joe to not know better.

So many here hope that their bigleaf maple is a musicwood tree, 1 in 1000. Gone is the time of felling remnant doug-fir or cedar, or hemlock for that matter, having a self-loader show up and have the HO get a cut. People forget that there is the impact from felling big trees, and it wasn't climbing trees next to their homes, etc, and piecing them out.

A customer had a bunch of trees taken out years back, even exchange, but then had to hire a landscaper with a bobcat to relevel the yard from ruts and regrow the entire lawn. That was during a construction boom.

In rural areas sure, where trees can be flopped. Not in city yards. Yes it was a blanket statement and sure there are exceptions, but as a general rule yes I'm right.
I personally have been asked by clients (in the city) how much could I discount their tree removal if they let me keep the wood? Laugh and reply, the only way I am going to discount your tree removal is if I leave all the wood behind. If I haul it away, you pay me to do that.

Oh mang, Jay, That's wicked bad. I feel for you, as a teenager getting shuffled around, I lost a huge box of 40's train cars and tracks and mint comic books...
passed down to me......

Nick, We did a job where the Walnut log was sold and everyone came out fat.
home owner, Us, wood hauler, and eventual recepient, like a $10k log...

Black Walnut? Veneer? I think walnut prices are still up there, but that must have been some tree.

Back