Craigslist thread

I personally have been asked by clients (in the city) how much could I discount their tree removal if they let me keep the wood? Laugh and reply, the only way I am going to discount your tree removal is if I leave all the wood behind. If I haul it away, you pay me to do that.

When they look surprised when I tell them they have to pay for the haul off service, I tell them wood to me is like snow to an eskimo. They seem to understand the analogy well.

Ha I've seen them try to get the tree removed for the wood .Then about the next day call a real trimmer to get it off the house .Chit happens

My buddy got a snowmobile for a hundred bucks. It was a big one that was used for beer delivery around ski resorts, and two people could ride on it. After some slight repair work, we tore up the mountains with it, had a ball. Crazy fun.

just found a good one. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/zip/3437551399.html

Large Redwood Tree. Must go due to fire hazard. 3 to 4 feet at base (scotts valley)
Date: 2012-11-27, 2:55AM PST
8hnfh-3437551399@sale.craigslist.org[Errors when replying to ads?]
If ad is here it is available. Email with phone number and I will call you asap.

Legal to remove redwood with fire hazard permit.

Healthy Redwood tree needs to be taken out due to required fire break. Must take all trunk wood and it is yours free. Leave limbs on site and I will do cleanup. Great for decking and siding. You must have own equipment and insurance. Tree is 100 feet plus tall and about 3 to 4 feet at base.

No solicitations!

When they look surprised when I tell them they have to pay for the haul off service, I tell them wood to me is like snow to an eskimo. They seem to understand the analogy well.

I can't wait to use that one! It's perfect!

I do love a job where I can leave the wood on site.

We also will leave it at the curb and tell them our firewood guy, Craig, will come get it...

And it's an annual deal at that......

True story.... Lady asks me how much I would charge to haul off some leaves for her...I know she can't afford anything...She makes me my sandwiches about every day. She lives right in town... maybe has about 6-10 yard raked up already. I tell her... well, Rob might want them for his garden and worm compost. I offer to drop my trailer on my way by. Told her load the trailer, I'll come pick it up.. She has no way of hauling stuff and the dump wants $55.00 per ton. So Rob gets to add her leaves to his compost every year.... She gets to feed her kiddo.... Problem solved.

I once did a free fall clean up for an elderly customer of mine. She is also a relation of my wifes best friend. She was stunned by my kindness. Until she got drunk while we were working and came out and told me "you missed a damned spot under the bushes. Do a thorough job!"

NEVER too much cheese! Orrrrr, meat!

24xe8ib.jpg

Circles of Age!:lol:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/zip/3583262919.html

"Large Tree Trunk Wood with Circles of Age (santa cruz)
We just cut our large aged tree stump and have a lot of wood that can either be made into furniture due to its larger size & wood rings, or cut up for firewood.

You load & haul.

Please contact if interested

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Posting ID: 3583262919

Posted: 2013-01-30, 5:59PM PST

Edited: 2013-01-30, 6:01PM PST

email to a friend

Avoid scams, deal locally! Do NOT wire funds (Western Union, Moneygram). Beware cashier checks, money orders, shipping, non-local buyers/sellers. More info"

Back