Compressed Air Cannon Throwline Launcher

Your invention looks really good.I would be interested in making one.

I like the aspect that it would take up little space in a vehicle,I have limited use for a Big Shot and can't justify carrying one around all the time.

Welcome to the Treehouse.My name is Mike Hill

Hi Nick.

Linezooka? Are you the guy that made the Treezzooka, I started a thread about it once but it got left behind with the old forum.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UDqOgg43Bck" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Nick.

Linezooka? Are you the guy that made the Treezzooka, I started a thread about it once but it got left behind with the old forum.

No, the "Linezooka" reference was completely off the cuff. I just made it up as i was writing the post about competing..

No video yet, it hasn't really stopped raining here and the cannon is still in our bucket truck which is at the shop for repairs. I did pick up some multi colored marking tape to attach to the ball for a visual aid though.

Video is up!

http://youtu.be/qamzqQkxsqI

Regrettably the two outside videos looked really good in 1080 but once compressed to 960 for youtube/ivideo convenience they didnt look as great. Both height tests with the tree outside were well over the tree.

This is the first video i have ever edited and uses footage from my phone and the Contour Roam i just bought this week. I will hopefully get a better video put together and posted 1080p quality soon.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qamzqQkxsqI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Was talking about the air cannon on the buzz and had started to post this and figured I would put it here first.

I want to encourage some people to try the air cannon out in a commercial setting.

I will ship, at my cost within the 48, a ball valve, the most expensive component; to the first person to post pictures of the other required pieces necessary for the build.

The ball valve is $30 + shipping
http://www.amazon.com/Lead-Brass-Sweat-Ball-Valve/dp/B003BHWW2S

If anyone is interested in trying it and writing a thorough review go for it! All the details on the build are in the video and diagram with the first post of this thread.

BUMP.

Treesmith is building one, but he turned me down on the free ball valve.

It is the weekend, I am sure someone wants to build a new toy, remember the ball valve is on me if someone is interested.

I've got one of those things, used it as a fuel cut off thing once.

Your cannon would be illegal around here but if I ever get things cleaned up after the mess this weather caused I might give it a go.

You can own just about anything but you just can't use it.;)

Suburbs here, blocks are getting smaller.

No trouble with things like Hilti or anything like that, but firing off a cannon could lead to trouble.:wall:

My team was pulling some trees in the forest right behind the prime minister's home.
Before setting lines with the bigshot, we walked over and told the secret service guys guarding the house, what we were doing.
No need to get shot, because someone thinks you are lobbing grenades at the head of state:lol:

My team was pulling some trees in the forest right behind the prime minister's home.
Before setting lines with the bigshot, we walked over and told the secret service guys guarding the house, what we were doing.
No need to get shot, because someone thinks you are lobbing grenades at the head of state:lol:

:lol::lol:

Somebody wants to buy one! I got a guy on the buzz asking to buy one of my APTA devices. I offered to send him the plans but he wants it made so I am going to do my best to send him a pimped out version of the APTA.

I am actually kind of excited. Luke @ treestuff mentioned to me that IF i worked out the bugs, which I took to mean as 'make it look nice', that he would be interested in carrying it. It isnt something I have put a lot of thought into lately as I have been so busy but IF I can produce a quality prototype of the 2.0 I might be able to get another one out to Luke and see what he thinks.

We will see what happens.

Nick, IMO you wont make much doing this BUT you will learn a lot and your education will be free. You seem like the type that likes to develop so have fun with it.........

Hey Nick, just looked back at this thread a bit, dont know how I missed it, build me one and Ill buy it. I love trying out new shit.

Thanks for the support Paul, I dont have any aspirations to make a ton of money off the idea. I wasnt really trying to sell any but the guy is really enthusiastic and I have needed the motivation to build my new concept. If one of the retailers was willing to buy 10 or 20 of them that would be really cool and I would definitely get down on that.

Let me see how the 2.0 build goes and If I cant get it 'right', I will build you an original 1.0 model.

Back