Compressed Air Cannon Throwline Launcher

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
my crossbow bolt was made of 3/8 steel round bar which was threaded on the end so you can add nuts to further adjust weight. Mine is set up for 100' which for me is really pushing it with the big shot . Works well for the really tall trees, customers tend to go back inside when we bust it out:lol:

Thats really cool. I like it alot.

It was a joke Will, nothing more than me being a smart ass! I'm Andy by the way. Just take me with a grain of salt most times.

I experimented with a CO2 line launcher some years ago. Range of about 100 feet pulling monofilament. It worked alright but needed a lot of fine tuning. I ended up dropping it.

In the mid 80's I built a line launcher that was powered by 22 cal. blanks. Of various power range. It worked quite well for what I needed it for,,, at the time. Got me into a lot of big trees. About 15 years later the Big Shot came out. That served my purpose for the rest of the duration. Hard to beat the versatility of the BS.

I experimented with a CO2 line launcher some years ago. Range of about 100 feet pulling monofilament. It worked alright but needed a lot of fine tuning. I ended up dropping it.

In the mid 80's I built a line launcher that was powered by 22 cal. blanks. Of various power range. It worked quite well for what I needed it for,,, at the time. Got me into a lot of big trees. About 15 years later the Big Shot came out. That served my purpose for the rest of the duration. Hard to beat the versatility of the BS.

I agree the Big Shot is pretty cool, but im a tinkerer/improver by nature i guess and maybe i do have a little bit of tim taylor in me as well so i just wanted to make something with a little "more power".

that is way cool. you think they'd allow that at a competition:/:? now i want one.

oh, yeah, my name is Jaime.

Hey Jaime,

Ive never been to competition but i plan to give it a shot this coming year, weather they allow the Linezooka or not. If you want help building one let me know, you can email me @ bonner1040@gmail.com

I'd thought in passing of using a spud gun to loft a tennis ball with jet line tied to it .The guys that build them suggest using schedual 80 pipe for the spud tosser .

If nothing else it would be sport to shoot a cat out of a tree with a tennis ball .:lol: Ain't I rotton .

video please

I will make a video later this week. Would it be better to try and show it shooting into a tree or maybe just in a parking lot straight up into the air.i do not have any profesional video equipment so i dont know how well i will be able to record a throwbag flying at a million mph.

maybe if i just shoot it up in the air and attach some marking tape to the throwline, or you know what i have some streamer i can attach to the weight. let me know what you guys think about recording it and i will think on it too.

Do you have any barricade tape for marking off work areas? You could tie a short piece of the tape to the throwball (or throwline) so that it might show up easier in the video. Definitely show it shooting into a tree so we have some perspective. Shooting straight up against an empty sky won't show much at all.

Or ask Jerry to come record it for ya. We gots some ex-purts on this here site! :lol:

Boy, that Treepedo dude sure did stumble through quite the combination of poor decisions, huh? Even his choice of a product name brings to mind some pervert doing unspeakable things to young trees. :O

Back