A New Throwline Cube Design

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just something to catch wind, as noted in the video, and it bugs my sensibilities having a tall cube, and using 3" of it. I don't really use cubes. I have one for my backup line, but my handthrow bag is a makeup bag, and it holds my weights. My apta setup is a 2.5G(?) plastic bucket.

The product above costs about the same as a Faltheimer. I'd be interested in hearing someone's opinion that's used both, but I imagine I'll be waiting awhile. I can get three cheapo cubes for the cost of a Faltheimer. You think the added cost is worth it?

Just something to catch wind, as noted in the video, and it bugs my sensibilities having a tall cube, and using 3" of it. I don't really use cubes. I have one for my backup line, but my handthrow bag is a makeup bag, and it holds my weights. My apta setup is a 2.5G(?) plastic bucket.

The product above costs about the same as a Faltheimer. I'd be interested in hearing someone's opinion that's used both, but I imagine I'll be waiting awhile. I can get three cheapo cubes for the cost of a Faltheimer. You think the added cost is worth it?
falteimers are very durable and will likely last more than three times as long as cheap cubes. i rarely have problems with wind, somtimes i clip them onto something. but it might be too windy to climb by than anyway.

the new cube is probably very good, i have 5 falteimers so i‘m kind of stuck :)

ive got a double floor falteimer, worth every penny

only issue ive had in about 6 months with it was one time a few weeks ago when I grabbed the wrong throwline and got 400ft of it tangled up

I actually prefer a taller cube, makes the distance from my hand to the edge of the cube shorter so less likely for the line to miss the edge and go on the ground if im off on my flaking angle a little

Yea, it's expensive. I'd want to see it in person, or at least have someone I trust say it's amazing before I dropped that kind of money on a cube. I could pay that for the right cube though.

That is a lot of coin for a cube. It looks sturdy, bet it would last a long time. I think it would be OK flaking into it, myself. Either kneel down to do it...or better yet, fairlead the cord through a biner on a chest harness and doublehand it straight in...no missing the top of the cube very much if you do it that way.

I one hand it. Flake with my left, and fairlead with my right. Catches the clumps and twigs before everything gets too far out of control.

I generally double- hand it over the shoulder. Chest harnesses never fit me comfortably.
Almost every time I tried to pull throwline over my shoulder like that, I ended up with a cord burn on my neck :D. Which is way more uncomfortable than a chest harness...just sayin' :P ;).

I’m a hand over hand kind of guy while pulling a line up in a tree. Then left hand fairleading the throw line and right hand flaking into the cube, cheap Stein cube holding up well several years now.

Back