Chinese invasive’s

Treeaddict

Treehouser
It’s easy to think about all the invasive trees from Asia and China in particular. We seem to have quite a few here in the US.

I couldn’t help but wonder if our American beech, hickory’s, etc were invasive to China’s native species. Apparently they have quite a few invasive’s from North America.

Just an interesting perspective. Maybe I can find out which ones.

Attachments

• IMG_6046.jpeg
    IMG_6046.jpeg
    365 KB · Views: 7
In November I did a conservation project in Catalonia. It was funny to hear all the European biologists complaining about these invasive North American plants....

Of course my role in the conservation was eliminating a native European animal that is an invasive in N America....

In November I did a conservation project in Catalonia. It was funny to hear all the European biologists complaining about these invasive North American plants....

Of course my role in the conservation was eliminating a native European animal that is an invasive in N America....
G’wan…

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Do you remember which of our trees they considered invasive??

I'm such a crappy forum user!! Sorry.

I was there working with the game wardens to trap boar from a coastal reserve. Boar are a real issue in Europe. They used to be an upland and woodland animal. Europe is growing so much more corn than they have traditionally that boar have moved into the flats and open areas. In the case where we were, that connected to a coastal reserve where the boar decimate ground nesting birds.

In regards to the plants, we were in a salt marsh and they were many pointing out grasses. The area was mostly Tamarisk. I thought to myself, I'll take back the grasses, you take the Tamarisk....

Back