Cheaper winch line.

Stable braid, tennex, or all gear has a dyneema cored poly jacketed line for sale at Treestuff a buck somethin a foot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gotchya.

I did some searching, amsteel seems like the most popular for your dollar. I ordered the winch today, (ouch), so ill worry about the rope after its mounted.

I buy my dyneema lines from a company that supplies the fishing industry.
Bout ½ price of the stuff made for winches and the timber industry.

There is a reason they can leave so much of it floating around the oceans, strangling whales and whatnot.

Last edited:
B what did it cost ya? Maybe pm me if you don't want it out and about if you don't mind. I was quoted a huge price back when I got my 250xp. Always dreamed of adding one still.

Bandit told me $3500 to my door and good luck to you. My next machine will probably have one, unless I go with a clam instead. It still free to dump here, so a chipper it is.

$4123.84 plus tax and shipping. :lol:

Kinda just gotta have it on a 15" chipper. Still only have $25k into the chipper with now 275 hours, so i think its still a smoking deal overall.

I feel with that i can limit the equipment that goes out (mini), and it will open up other options.

Oh yah winch is skookum I can only imagine. That's about the price I was quoted when I bought my 250 new. It was 39g here in canuckistan and another 4g for the winch was to much at the time.

I bought an aftermarket winch for $1500 and installed it on my bandit 250 then onto my morbark 13.

Aftermarket hydraulic? What brand and where did you find it?

There was a good thread on it in one of the old forums.

I started building one for my woodsman. It can prob be plumbed and would work. I wanted the factory one. Willies was custom too from what i remember.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 43
Thanks nick, nice vids!

I used them at two places where i worked on bb250's. Also subbing with harlan id watch two amigos tear apart his tangled web of tree limb with one. Def. a great thing to have. I told my help today and he was pumped.

Excited to get it on there. I have three trees that fell into the neighbors foreclosed prop I've been meaning to clean up. Just tangled in vines and the winch should make quick work.

Back