Black diamond recalls

:lol:

Our man Butch doesn't do carbiners, and wouldn't know a quickdraw if he met one on the sidewalk.
:D

Thanks for the info, Joel. I have a few Black Diamond biners, so I appreciate the word.

Not too surprised - it is a Made in China bias I have that is unfortunate.

China is worthy of bias and still often puts out crap, but at the same time more and more getting the picture that quality is the way to keep a business going. I bought a Chinese made muffler for a saw recently, that was every bit as good if not better than the original that came on the Stihl. Very well made. I think it cost me like ten bucks. Japan went through the same learning curve, from being famous for junk to changing to world class quality.

A lack of process / quality oversight. Probably easier to manage that stuff when products are made "at home".
Rocna decided to cut manufacturing costs by going the China route.
And got their reputation savaged.
(Google: Rocna anchors China).

The management of Chinese companies is probably more to blame than the workers. A lot of foreign companies with manufacturing facilities in China, have succeeded with quality by having their own people there to keep the process as hoped for. With Chinese management left to oversee quality, the goods have suffered. Keeping high quality going on a regular basis is a tough thing, takes both vision and knowledge. The vast majority of Chinese have never had the chance to experience that concept. Not something that can be learned overnight.

The management of Chinese companies is probably more to blame than the workers. A lot of foreign companies with manufacturing facilities in China, have succeeded with quality by having their own people there to keep the process as hoped for. With Chinese management left to oversee quality, the goods have suffered. Keeping high quality going on a regular basis is a tough thing, takes both vision and knowledge. The vast majority of Chinese have never had the chance to experience that concept. Not something that can be learned overnight.

Interesting points. China may be heading for meltdown or world domination. It's all up in the air ATM.

Looks like I have a pile to sort through

more a fan of the mammut moses biner anyway

Not sure any of y'all remember.......but the original company was sued for a carabiner failure. re invented themselves from Chouinard....to now Black Diamond

Thanks for the heads up

Back