CMC/RockExotica Pulley Recall

lxskllr

Treehouser
I'm too paranoid to use most of the mechanical stuff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wouldn't say I'm afraid of the mechanical stuff, but I prefer simplicity and ruggedness. There isn't much that can go wrong with a piece of cord that isn't obvious, and something like a ropewrench or hitchhiker is easy to comprehend and quickly inspect.

Thanks for posting this, lxskllr!

Thankfully, my 1.1" OmniBlock doesn't appear to fit the parameters, but I just examined it nonetheless. The sealant looks proper as far as I can tell, but I'm wondering if this second small hole in the back is supposed to look this way, without any sealant, and in general. Is this for oiling the pulley swivel perhaps? A means of removing the swivel for the manufacturer? I don't know what I did with my manual that came with it. I usually read those once (or never if I'm familiar with the device) and then toss them. Its much easier to log and schedule my inspections on Excel than in those giant sheets of ultra thin rice paper that have been folded a dozen times! And they all have several gaping holes where paper was torn out after I extract the freaking staple the manufacturer kindly puts between me and my ability to become an informed and safe user of their product. If anyone knows what this is and if it's supposed to look like this, I'd appreciate it. This recall has me a bit paranoid, perhaps! I know that, more than likely, my device is perfectly fine. But confirmation would be reassuring! Thanks! I might just have to ask the manufacturer.

Attachments

• PXL_20221224_162102957.jpg
    PXL_20221224_162102957.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
@Bioassay, that looks like a split pin in the hole, with a couple of stamped detents to keep it in place. Likely an assembly point.

But that's just a guess...info from the manufacturer would be good to find out for sure.

Ah, I see! Well, that's reassuring! Thank you both for your help elucidating me as to whether or not that hole is as it is supposed to be. I know very little about engineering of that caliber.

Back