Hiring: Short or long-term, Climbing, Groundwork, combo, advanced or learning

SeanKroll

Treehouser
Quick lunchtime post for lurkers or someone you all may know.

I've got more work than I can shake a stick at, and just had a wind storm. Been working down these big maples, and saw 2-3 tipped trees at the adjacent neighbors to the job I'm on.

I have a separate room (bed, recliner, table, shelving) in the shop, full bathroom, laundry available for the short or longer term employee. Will be getting a kitchen set-up. Right now I have a 2 burner propane camp stove, toaster oven, coffee maker, and will get a microwave and mini-fridge . Aiming at the moment not to share the main part of my house.
Housing is hard to find here, from afar.

I'm looking to pay what someone is worth for safe, professional work with good communication.

I try to machine-work as much as possible, taking the grunt out, as much as possible.

Gotta get back to it. Update, later.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There's a good spot for offloading a truck cabover camper, travel trailer, RV. Shared 20 amp circuit (generally just shop LED lights).

Lot of the work is run of the mill, PNW work, canopy raises, seasonal orchard pruning, minor rigging removals. Sometimes, its big, serious trees. Remnant forest maples and alders, particularly, like the removals where doing now, are pretty much time to 'bring it'.
Winter winds just toppled a number of trees locally.

There are cranes available in town with experienced operators.

More than average homeowner clean-ups.

Lots of waterfront and forest work. Very little city work. Lots of greenbelts around houses on 5 acre lots.

I've done a couple 160-170' removals. Biggest trees around here, in residential areas are in that range. Lots around 100'.

20230220_161648.jpg 20230221_160737.jpg 20230217_155351.jpg 20230217_151033.jpg 20230217_162528.jpg

Last edited:
Pardon my enthusiasm but man, that sounds awesome. Can't climb? Lots to do on the ground. Intermediate climber? We'll start you low and build you up. Seasoned pro? Let's bang off some jobs and make some money. And judging from your jobsite pics, what an awesome environment for tree work. Providing a place to stay is the icing on the cake.

Maybe "meh" for some but an absolute dream opportunity for others IMO.

Yes it does sound like a fine opportunity for our younger selves.

Anyway, just an idea, reach out to Jake, Jed's friend, who does vids Guilty of Treeson, he does nothing but go around and subcontract tree work, he might help get you over the hump of the current storm cleanup.

Just saw this. I’d come help with big removals for fun.
I know!! So tempting. Can you get chunk of time away from your business? I was thinking of this job when I replied to Jerry that I was regretfully unwilling to leave my trade because of my financial goals.

Back