Best value in good climbing saw

• Thread starter robdog
  • Start date
  • Replies 231
  • Views 25K
I use my 360t's as back up and often times for thinning small trees and light branching. Going on three years now with out much in the way of issues. They are not screamers, but in a pinch.....

I've used 020 before it was a screamer compared to my saw. Mine starts on the firs pull after it warned up. It pull a 14" bar just fine. Had no problems with it. This would be agreate saw for some one just starting out. And I never thru a saw out of the tree. Had it pull out of my hand one time but it was on lanyard.(first & only time)

Here is an idea how about giving each of the climbers a allowance to purchase a new saw with the understanding that simple repairs and maintenance would be your responsibilty . If the saw is damaged or destroyed then its there dime for replacement , you are being way to understanding , saws under normal use can run for many years, your rewarding them for "f" ing over the company..

Buying a new saw every week reminds me of the tree company owner here who just bought a new backpack blower and brought it out to the job site. He took it out of the truck, set it on the ground to close the truck door, and one of his guys backed up the dump truck, ran over the blower, nearly took out him and his truck door.

Needless to say, his $400 blower wasn't even good for parts after that. Even the blower tube was crushed.

I had a forty footer blow of the top once , in heavy traffic You should have seen that mess unfold cars were going in all directions , I ended buying three tires and 250 ticket for an unsecured load. And the best part was I did it no one to blame..

I ran over an ice chest. No cold drinks for us the rest of that day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jonsered

should have posted it here.Anything know how good this saw is?

Attachments

• Jonsered_CS2139T.jpg
    Jonsered_CS2139T.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 71
I suppose if most fessed up they have either lost something off a truck or ran over something at least once .My worst was backing over a toolbox with a dozer . We are talking flat like a pancake here . I had to use a cutting torch to salvage what few tools I could .

Several years ago I worked with a groundman who was so stupid he literally did not know the difference between 1 gallon and one dollar. I asked him to put one gallon of gas in the can while I checked the oil in the truck, it was too complicated for him.

I seized a saw up once, because the oil had been added to the gas in the can, but it was never shook up. Fortunately for me, the saw belonged to the guy who bought the gas and added the oil, so no responsibility with me. Still, I felt bad about it, since I had filled up the saw. I offered to rebuild it for free, the labor anyway, but he was going to try and wrangle a warrantee claim. I don't think he was successful.

Back