Best value in good climbing saw

• Thread starter robdog
  • Start date
  • Replies 231
  • Views 24K
In order to put it into perspective, about how many employees/ crews do you have? 5 saws per week for 2 crews/ 6 guys is unthinkable, but 5 saws per week for 600 guys/ 200 crews is not out of the question. If you're a mega corporation then look at what the other mega corporations are using. Most everyone here are owner/operators.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok some weeks we dont have to buy them.I can say that no matter how much you pay a climber saws get dropped and broken.Last week two fell form large trees.Parts a plenty.I buy them every week but maybe not 5 every week.at least one and sometimes it seems all we do here is buy new saws.I like the look of that austrailian knock off,gonna get one and see if sthil has a new compeditor

Ok some weeks we dont have to buy them.I can say that no matter how much you pay a climber saws get dropped and broken.

Bullshit. You start taking broken saws out of their pay and you will most likely get a 100% reduction the dropped/broken saws.

Yeah, buy them cheap Chinese knockoff crap saws. That will really make them be a lot more careful and take better care of your tools. :roll:

The reason why most of us here work for ourselves is because of people like you running so many of the bigger companies.

You could always teach you staff to sharpen there saws. Sounds like they throw them when they are blunt. Bosses arn't always the sharpest tool in the box

So minimum of 52 saws per year? I don't beleive i have seen 52 saws in my local saw shop, Iknow I haven't bought that many in my life let alone over 3 years in business. Pics! Links!

As my daddy used to say, "Some people have more dollars than sense." :roll:

I would LOVE to see pictures of this carniage!!!
I dropped my 192t once, cleaned the dirt off of it and it ran fine the rest of the day!
Then I bought a bungee lanyard, never had a problem again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
never have learned how to be likeable... some things never change...adios

I think I have dropped a saw out of a tree 3-4 X in 5 years... Only broke one once (the handle). Let us know how well the Chinese do against it hitting the ground will ya? You might be on to something:roll:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0gxKStPXyn8&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0gxKStPXyn8&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Maybe a pole saw woud be a better investment??? I think it would be alot cheaper than throwing chainsaws at hangars and dead sticks.

I run echo CS300 a & love it for what it is. It was all that i could ford at the time. 230. and my wife had a fit. I would love to get 200T. But all i do is small trimming jobs. IN the last 2 year i did 2 removals. this saw has been good to me. When it dies i will by 200T.

Kirk, That little CS 300/3000 is way underated by too many guys. Light weight, great balance, easy starting and a real joy to use when pruning. It is no 200T but it does some work very well.

Back