Best value in good climbing saw

• Thread starter robdog
  • Start date
  • Replies 231
  • Views 24K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
answer

I can afford any saw easily for years now.Not the question I am putting out there. The 200 is not much better than the 338 husky and hundreds o saw bucks less,why? pay the 200off in two jobs? same can be said witht he others so point mute. chevy,ford ,dodge we all have our prefrence but with saws there is not comparison the 200 is better. The money is an issue when so many saws are on the line.Sthil is in for a comeupance and I am just the climber who can cause a ruckus.Judge me if you choose for buckin the system of over priced chain saws. Soon The best saw in the world will only be $400...mark my words.In my workshop a few years ago here Tom Dunlap ,Robert Phillips and other arbos saw me auction off a 338 Husky for the winner of footlock competition.It would have been a 200 sthil but the company didnt think it wise to donate a saw for the show.The husky vendor that day sold 12 saws at the workshop in their booth.
A dark wind is blowin through the hall O the sthil dealer,You tell em Goss is commin and hell is commin with me......

Well,in that case if your rich why not one of these???

chainsaw333.JPG

I was almost willing to continue reading your posts until you mentioned Tom Dunlap as if you were bragging because you knew the lying sack of crap. You've just made my ignore list. Goodbye. :roll:

If you buy the cheapest of everything, then what have you got? Do send climbers up the tree on old baler twine? It's a hell of a lot cheaper than those fancy pants dedicated climbing lines. Chip trucks? Who needs those, you can get five yards of chips in the back of an old mini-van.

When I started my business, I bought the best I could afford. I never lost production because I had equipment that was too nice.

Frankly, I don't like the Stihl arrogant "we're the best, expect to pay the premium" attitude either. For that reason I seek other competeing products. I happily run Dolmars Huskies, Echos and Solos.......But in climbing saws Stihl DOES have the best. Robdog you are sounding like a mentally impaired troll.

Is it really an attitude? If you divide initial purchase price and maintenance by hours of service, does the Stihl not yield a better value? If not, then our opinion of the saw is misplaced. I don't feel that is the case.

Anyone who buys three saws a week makes to much money ,I don't even buy three a year and I can "f" up some saws... but thats just me..

Dave, At my local dealer it IS such an attitude. They act as if anything other than Stihl is just junk. Sorry, IMO quality speaks for itself and doesn't need to belittle competitors. I like Stihl products but not that attitude.

Well the juries still out on stihl I want to see if the new saws still say made in Germany or China?

I can afford any saw easily for years now.Not the question I am putting out there. The 200 is not much better than the 338 husky and hundreds o saw bucks less,why? pay the 200off in two jobs? same can be said witht he others so point mute. chevy,ford ,dodge we all have our prefrence but with saws there is not comparison the 200 is better. The money is an issue when so many saws are on the line.Sthil is in for a comeupance and I am just the climber who can cause a ruckus.Judge me if you choose for buckin the system of over priced chain saws. Soon The best saw in the world will only be $400...mark my words.In my workshop a few years ago here Tom Dunlap ,Robert Phillips and other arbos saw me auction off a 338 Husky for the winner of footlock competition.It would have been a 200 sthil but the company didnt think it wise to donate a saw for the show.The husky vendor that day sold 12 saws at the workshop in their booth.
A dark wind is blowin through the hall O the sthil dealer,You tell em Goss is commin and hell is commin with me......

That has got to be one of the most arrogant posts I have read on any forum... ever. :lol:

You still haven't explained why you're goin' through 5 saws a week... :roll:

Gary

Justin, the attitudes of dealers vary widely, and should not be a representation of the entire brand. Two out of three local Stihl shops here are great. The third sells both Stihl and Husky, and they think they are gods, regardless of what you are buying from them.

Has anyone tried the husky tophandle saw lately?

Most here know I have run them since they came out.

IMO, all problems are solved. It takes a little more work on the Husky/Jonsered than the 200T to make them perform: add a 9/16th port to the Husky muffler versus just taking the screen out of the 200T-which makes a bigger difference than with other muffler screen removals.

My latest, a Jonsy 2139T, cost me $350, and has about 10% more power and torque than the 200T. Totally problem free. A tad less well balanced, but being a tiny bit lighter makes up for it. Front filter does need cleaning often, but so does the 200T. Bottom end and jug are bombproof.

Reliability should be better than the old 335's. But, many here will remember my old 335, that, once muffler modded, was the best I've had, cost me $40, and lasted 3-4 years, till the bearings developed play.

I've had 3 335 Cali's.....they're OK but I prefer the normal ones.

Best value? No doubt......

A good way to get the upper hand on arrogant dealers, is to start modifying saws, including pistons and cylinders. Most dealers don't know jack about it, and if you show them some badazz mofu that you've built that will tear the heads off their stock mighty mites, they usually will give you an ounce of respect....maybe even a cup of coffee too..

....but it violates the terms of the warrantee :lol::roll:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ok

That has got to be one of the most arrogant posts I have read on any forum... ever. :lol:

You still haven't explained why you're goin' through 5 saws a week... :roll:

Gary

Well I just am tired of the sthil attitude and priceing. I add about 5 saws a week. until my guys stop breakin them ...arrogant? lol? been a long time since someone said that to me.I am sure you are mistaken.Oh and blastah if you want to join my climbers talk you know where it is................

Back