Bad congestion advice needed

darkstar

Rockclimber/ treeclimber
I been having reacurring congestion, went to the doc a year ago about it and had a chest x ray which showed up ok.
Every night i get bad build up of totally clear congestion.
Some days feeliing like im turning blue, its been acting up so bad im worried.
I dont smoke havent in 10 years , and never tobaco.
Mt guess is its an auto immune disorder, Now i drink more than my share fare of vino, could that cause it ?im mostly selling these days so its no saw exhaust. There is really no tangible reason.
Ive been like this for years to, seems worse than ever befor at the moment.
Anyone got any ideas ?

Ditto.... Sounds a lot like allergies.... Your system just may have just got to the too much level... My Mom went through it (still does). No problem all her life then POW... Allergies then asthma.. She was in her late 40s when it hit. Meh I have had it all my life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe dust mites.
Frigging sux, coughed from 4 am to 7 am every 30 seconds.
All clear .

Look at the trees and shrubs planted by your bedroom window, your allergen could very close.

I get the same thing when they are taking off soy beans with the combine . Eyes water ,sneeze,sneeze ,sneeze . Same in early spring as the trees bud and flowers bloom . The rest of the year I'm fine .

Stupid post .
My main guy was just here .
He took one look at me and asked if i was sick, i didnt know it was that obvious .

Yeah ,i was , but then it got alittle better.Apprently im not looking to chipper.
Ill be seeing the Doc, we just got busy.

Some folks get improvement by washing out their nose, that is pouring water in one nostrel and letting it drain out the other, then reversing. It washes out whatever has gotten into the sinuses to aggravate them. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy to do. Apparently, putting a little salt in the water makes the process go easier. It feels nice after.

They make a device to help facilitate the practice:

http://www.healingdaily.com/exercise/neti-pot.htm

A cool wash cloth covering your eyes, nose and mouth. Breathe through it and it will help a lot. When it gets warm, rinse it with cool water again.

I use Zyrtec, but others work better for other people than others. If that makes any sense?

If it's an overnight problem only, chances are it's dust mites or a feather pillow problem. Try a pillow encasing first, (cheapest). (Google the words "pillow encasing" If that helps, spring for a mattress encasing. Also, if you can train yourself NOT to sleep on your stomach, that will help, too - IF it's dust mites or feathers causing the problem.

If it is in fact alergens, it's a matter of tollerance. You can take a little of this and that, but to much of any or all and you get shut down.
I'm guessing there is lot of Pig and ragweed in his area and it's getting to him.

Im all swoll up this morning.Eyes all red.I sleep stomach down always have.Im gonna change pillows , i have a dust mite proof matress cover but who knows if it works.

benadryl.jpg

0515_reactine.jpg

Dark didn't mention whether his allergy is seasonal, but I hear from people with allergies, that they have the best luck starting medication each season before the allergy actually starts to act up, rather than waiting until you're suffering.

This has been the worst allergy season here as far as I remember.. Dark could be suffering it there also.... We also have mold on grasses here.. A sure sign it's a bad year for a lot of people.
Also check the house for insects that may have gotten a foot hold.. Cockroaches... Termites... Both can cause severe breathing problems.. We won't even get into rodents:|:

Back