Auto Feed Plus

Evan Sussman

TreeHouser
Hey guys, so I've been in touch with this guy Kurt who apparently was the inventor of Auto Feed Plus that is now sold on many chippers from the factory. I got a hold of him after googling "auto feed plus", after I got a quote from Bandit for $1500-2100 in parts to put auto feed on my '98 model 90xp.

Kurt said basically that he was selling to bandit, but they stole his trademark and tried to put him out of business. I did some research, read through a whole bunch of court documents from the case between his company "Electronic Solutions of Harrison" and "Bandit Industries". To the best of my knowledge it does appear that this guy is telling the truth. In the end, they are both registered owners of the trademark, with Kurts company being the first to use the mark, and bandit being the first to use it commercially.

Anyway, Has anyone had an experience dealing with Kurt?

He's been pretty helpful over the phone, a little short once, though mind you this was me questioning how to do things, in another way that would work, but not his way. He did spend an hour on the phone with me the day before. Basically I'm looking at paying $400 for the auto feed tach, and another 200-400 for hydraulic parts + hoses. Sounds like a much better deal. I'm gonna document the whole experience, and if all goes well do my best to help this guy regain a bit of lost market, even if it is just forum readers.

Evan I don’t have any experience with that for you but, thanks for posting the story. If I ever had a problem with Auto Feed Plus it sounds like I would definitely want to give Kurt a try. Anyone who would spend that much time talking over an issue when it sounds like it’s not going to put money in his pocket is motivated by passion for his field or endeavor in my opinion. I love dealing with people like that. And then if I needed his help on something and I just offered to compensate him for his time I have access to “the” guy for a handful of dollars (usually not even accepted by the way). PCTREE’s results tend to confirm that for me.

I am putting together the list of options I want on a Bandit chipper and planning to have one built. Was thinking if I could do without the Auto Feed (Plus) and save the $1200 or $1800 or whatever it is to add on a new machine. No!

Good for you Evan.
I love stories like this and it sounds like Kurt has had shitty end of the stick.
I live Bandit Machines but I don't like big corprorates exercising their power and might over the (relatively) helpless, i.e. Walmart, Tesco etc.

Hope this works out well for you.

I need a Tach for my Autofeed. Currently a LOR, but I have been told others will work. Any contact info?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys. I appreciate your input. I think we're a couple weeks + off from the investment, but I'll make an update in the future.

I just got off the phone with Kurt and will be ordering a new tach next week. At first he sounded a bit shady. It turns out he was carrying groceries into the house and a little winded. I will let you know how it goes. About half of what Bandit is asking for a tach.

Does anyone have an update? I picked up a used chipper with auto feed that is not working, but I'd like to fix.

Yea, weekends only, my day jobs to steady to walk away from even though I don't like it much. The only thing on the chipper not working is the auto feed.

Got a link? I've emailed several times and had no reply. Shame, as I bought 20 of their kits a few years back.
I still have yet to get one as cash is a little low. Ed he asked me to text him as it was easier his number is(989)330-5086.
I am not sure if you can text or not, but that is what he requested from me. ???

Back