200T no one can fix local

thats what i run on all my saws from 260- 090, i dont break chains on the 200t unless i run the micro. im with brian

I stand corrected .Some how I thought he was referring just the standard 3/8 lo pro bar and chain set up .oops .

Just in case anyone wants this info. The .325 drum and gear for oiler is easy to get. The .325 bars seem to be limitation and going from a 6T to a 7T. I didnt notice the gear changes first time I looked and thought about the switch.

13 1129 640 7100 1 Worm 3/8" Picco 6T
14 1129 640 7101 1 Worm 3/8" Picco 7T
15 1129 640 7102 1 Worm 1/4" 8T
16 1129 640 7105 1 Worm 0.325" 7T (2)
17 1123 648 6600 2 Bumper strip
18 9512 933 2270 1 Needle cage 10x13x13
19 1129 640 2000 1 Chain sprocket 3/8" Picco 6T
20 1129 640 2050 1 Set of spur sprocket/worm 3/8" Picco 7T
☐ 14
21 1129 640 2051 1 Set of spur sprocket/worm 1/4" 8T not for USA
☐ 15
1129 640 2052 1 Set of spur sprocket/worm 0.325" 7T (2)
☐ 16, 22
22 1129 640 2004 1 Chain sprocket 0.325" 7T (2)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I say you don't fix what aint broke on the 200t. The chain and bar (I have a 16 on mine) gauge etc really work for the saw.

Rocky Skwerl, Thank you for your post on the muffler removal. Piece of cake. never worked on one, but the little hints on what to do were dead on. Thanks.

Also this saw has the Zama S61D 435A, is that good or bad? it has had carb issues, but I tore into it today and adjusted the fulcrum ( I dont know how to spell that part) and chased every possible passage in the fuel system.
For right now A-OK.

But wont really know till I get it in some wood and right now it is snowing its ass off and I just finished plowing for the 2nd time today, because of drifting snow.

Also this saw has the Zama S61D 435A, is that good or bad?
According "Lakeside " other wise known as Stihl Andy ,a certified Stihl tech on another site there have been issues on a number of Zama carbs .

Which is not to say your particular carb has issues . Stick it in the wood .If it doesn't fall on it's face after 10-15 minutes it's most likely OK .

Which is not to say your particular carb has issues . Stick it in the wood .If it doesn't fall on it's face after 10-15 minutes it's most likely OK .

Thats what it was doing before. But I ain't going out in this to find out now.

It also wouldn't take fuel like a low side being to fat, but it wasn't, thats why I went inside to adjust the fulcrum. I have no clue, but it isn't falling on its face in the air now, just hope it dont when I put her in the wood.

Like you Al I am just trying to make sure it runs right stock before it gets the knife to make it run really good.

If the carb doesn't work right after 1-2 attempts at rebuilding it, go buy a new one and be done with it. Carbs are about $65 and they are usually spot on straight out of the box, the lack of frustration is worth the cost.

Would this happen to be the complete carb repair kit for the Zama carb I listed above? RB-69

I haven't even put a kit in it because I didnt have one on hand and just got this saw 2 days ago. but the little inside adjusting has it running fine for now. Just want to put a new kit in in because I dont have a clue how old this saw is.
Looks like it may need a new fuel line and filter during all of this too. Could see cracks in the bends of fuel line, but when I took it off and ran the silver round metal through it none of the cracks went all the way through. just a matter of time though IMO.

That muffler set up is a trip like you said inside.

Redneck testing of lines. No leaks but see it in the near future needing replaced. non-issue right now.

i believe there were several different versions of that carb. an A,B,C etc.looks like yours was is an A.i'd update it if i were you.i did mine and it's been fine for more than 2 years now.

I think they are farther than the C series now .

As I said according to Andy "Stihl " they have had issues on all of them so just arbitrarily changing one won't solve much other than assure you had a new carb .

I do have to agree with B .Re kit the thing and make sure the set up is correct then if it falls on its' face find another one .

Something though you trimmer types have to remember is that Tree Trims saw and mine are not going to be a use it every day type saw but rather mini hot saws . Although at least mine will be built to be able to be used as a hot running trimmer if I do it correctly . If not ,I find some parts and do it over .It wouldn't be the first time .

It might sound silly to a few but it's just stuff some of us do .;)

Al, do me a favor. If you still have that 200T with the cracked area, would you get your eye specs and magnifying glass out and see what all numbers and letters are on the side of the carb please. something like this S61D 435A
Is this the repair kit for the Zama carb I listed above? repair kit RB-69

I just went and cut some ice covered (good for the chain :O) frozen 10" poplar without any bogs. I still think I will order and put in the complete carb kit.

It could just be me, but it sure seems to dull faster when cutting through the ice covered wood over and over.
My dad said he has experienced the same thing over the years cutting through ice.

The first time I experianced ice was last winter at about zero degrees in pin oak . I thought I had screwed the chain up sharpening it .So I re filed it ,didn't help .

I trotted out to the shed and pulled out one of the 125 Macs . Even that big old bruiser couldn't gnaw through it . I gave up and spent the afternoon on the puter .

The numbers on this defective carb are --S61A 138A .

I took another picture and drew a pencil mark over the crack to high light it .

Attachments

• 200T Zama 001.jpg
    200T Zama 001.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 200T Zama 002.jpg
    200T Zama 002.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 37
I just thought of something else .Rocky J came up with this some time back which I had never thought of before .

On the throttle butterfly there is a notch which must align with the idle jet .If that butterfly for some reason gets turned on the shaft it won't run worth a hoot .

The first time I experianced ice was last winter at about zero degrees in pin oak . I thought I had screwed the chain up sharpening it .So I re filed it ,didn't help .

I trotted out to the shed and pulled out one of the 125 Macs . Even that big old bruiser couldn't gnaw through it . I gave up and spent the afternoon on the puter .

Then that confirms what my dad was telling me and what I have experienced. Ice problem, frozen wood no biggie, but Ice covered frozen wood big problem with chains dulling.

Thanks for taking the time to post all the pics and links to past knowledge Al.

Back