What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 466K
100 - 130mls of rain by tomorrow morning, winds from 70 - 90kms/hr. Hopefully we'll at least get some storm work out of it, because regular work is at a grinding halt in this.

My friend lives in Lee Vining on the East side of the Sierras and reported 160 mph winds.

I guess the Jet stream touches down sometimes.

Wow, 160 better tie your ass down. Lee Vining is a cool place. I love the Sierras. (expect for weather like that). MB your rain out has reached here today. 55, 20-30wind, heavy rain.

Paul - wind picked up your way yet? Gusting pretty good here. We've lost a few branches off of some trees in the back yard, power is flickering (happy to have a wood fireplace). Dad came back from Squamish this morning (went to p/u his cheque, falling is shut down today) and said the Howe Sound is white, he was worried about making it home, trees were been bent so far over they were almost touching the road in areas on the Squamish Hwy. Most of North Vancouver is without power, as is Bowen Island, Lions Bay, etc. Bad wind storm coming through. Always likes it right after the heavy rain.

We are gettin' pounded by wind. Peak gusts to 65 knots! The entire Island (Whidbey) is without power. The only reason I'm typin' this is because I am at work, and we are on generators. We aren't expected to have power back on the island for a couple of days.

This sucks! But it's the norm here on my Island and the Pacific Northwest.

Gary

I like EPIC weather. Send some down here please. 55 raining, gusts tonight, up to 50.I think I hear money blowing in the wind!:lol:

Our weather here (southeastern Michigan) has been unseasonably warm & dry.
Alas, I squandered it... We're finally getting November weather for Thursday & Friday and I've got money waiting !!!
:whine:

Butch, did that front pass you yet? Supposed to pass here overnight with rain expected before daybreak. Supposed to clear out mid-morning with a drop in temps. About time.

I had the heat on this morning because it was 66 in the house when I woke up and colder outside. By afternoon it was in the mid 80's and now I need to kick the ac on to bring the house temp down. Or maybe I'll just save the heat for morning.
:roll:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had the heat on this morning because it was 66 in the house when I woke up and colder outside. By afternoon it was in the mid 80's and now I need to kick the ac on to bring the house temp down. Or maybe I'll just save the heat for morning.
:roll:

Sounds like you got it rough down there! :cry:

I saw those pics of leaves and green grass you posted ealier. That sounds and looks like our summers.:|:

How much snow ya got up there Craig???

Gary

I would guess that there is close to a foot in places, maybe more. I had to wear my tall snow boots today. They suck to climb in!

Well, the wind has finally died down. The Tree Guy is busy removing a tree from a house right now. He'll be working all night and most of tomorrow just trying to take care of the calls. The other local guy is telling everyone he won't work at night - but he'll be there in the morning. They're hanging up on him and phoning us. I don't get it - how can you leave people with a tree on their roof that's ripped through there kitchen and is putting stress on the rest of the house?

the wind sure did pick up. I got a call at 1:30 for a tree vs 2 cars. my parent's!! yup, the big london plane blew out one of its big branches, took out mom's car (blew out back window, smashed front window, mirror, scratches.. dented dad's car that was beside it. ha. pics tomorrow or after their power comes back on. apparently 200,000 odd folks without power, may have it back by tomorrow afternoon. it is stihl blowing out, but damn this afternoon was windy!:\:

I was going over the bridge (alex fraser) and by mid span my truck (F-250) was getting buffeted a foot or so left and right , fun stuff. :)
go make some storm work money Treeguy! and any others that are in the area.

tomorrow is supposed to be fairly nice. :)

Its warmer tonight than it was earlier in the day. I keep putting off switching into my carhart overalls because I only want to readjust my saddle once.

Well we had the coldest November day for 120 years, down to -2 and it SNOWED.. It even snowed in Queensland..

I was in it all day, savage gailforce wind as we type, damm i was cold!!
We did nothing but storm damage, started with the one i took out at 8pm last night, followed up with a downed pine, then 7 trees on the golf course, we just chipped the green and up to 7', bobcat will get the rest..

They had some monsters come down.. some pics on the thread a little later..

I have 2 staff on standby, shit loads of lights (240 v and 12 v) we are expecting a busy night!

I sure agree with TG's wife, how could i sleep knowing theres a tree on a house?

Derek, you make sure and get some coffee in ya! maybe a granola bar or beef burger while your at it. cant be working on an empty gut!

Really? What's up with all the smack talk Aussie?

Derek, you make sure and get some coffee in ya! maybe a granola bar or beef burger while your at it. cant be working on an empty gut!

Espesially since im single, i dont eat through the day anymore, i wake up to 2 litres of strong coffee, another 4 during the day..

I start eating about 7pm, find im still snacking at 11pm!
Cant be good for me i know, better start shopping again, wife shopping!

Sorry to hear of your folks cars Paul, are they a little freaked by it all?

Still blowing its arse off over here, i woke up to -5*c
A late start today, trashed ourselves yesterday, (in the snow) chipped 64m3 through my little C&D, got to change the blades today..I hate that part!

Back