Cold? We are hiring!

If I was a couple years younger Id be there tomorrow. If you get really hard up, let me know. Good ground man, fair climber and bucket man.

Are you ADA equipped? Just kidding, I'd love the weather, but the cost of living would kill me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are you ADA equipped? Just kidding, I'd love the weather, but the cost of living would kill me!

You've done your homework, it is expensive down here. Relative, depending on how much you want the experience this area offers.

Expense is relative. It's expensive here too, but my groundie gets $30/hr.
Great opportunity V!

I charge 35 bucks an hour when working for a treeco, more for civilians. A good groundie here will make a hundred a day if the treeco owner isn't a cheapskate.

$30 an hour to be a groundman? Ill pack it in and relocate if you can tolerate poor work ethic, tardiness, combative behavior, and occasional dishonesty regarding broken tools.

For that Tucker, you'd get the average $17. He's a CDL driver with 16 yrs tree exp. mostly sober and drug free. He doesn't waste time either.

Good thing I'm successfully retired...I'd hate to have to pack it all up and move down there...but what would be any other option, I ask you? :D

If I hadn't just married, I would try for a green card and go.
Never too old for adventure.

....never been to Fla. let alone the Keys which seems a cool and unusual place. Have one friend who goes down from here for Winter almost every year. Says all you need is scooter to get around. Also my neighbors / customers down the hill are hardly ever here anymore as I heard Ted is the Mayor there ... say does Hemingway still publish ?

I rode down the east coast on a 650 BSA thunderbolt. From Syracuse NY to Key West. 1970 I believe. Sold the bike and Miami State U to a college kid for as much as it cost and all expenses for the trip. Took a Greyhound home.

The bike ride to Florida killed me and so did the Greyhound to Cali. It took a couple of years to fully recover.

Back