WTB Brush Bandit

brendonv

Tree Hugger
Looking for a nice, lower hour bb250 or similar. Winch would be nice but not a deal breaker. Around 100hp, cat or jd preferably

If you have, or know someone selling one, let me know. Thanks

Make sure you get a winch sooner or later. What made you decide on brush bandit??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Its not pressing, but if there is a nice one id give it a chance. BB 250 as its tried and true more or less. Those days where your a little behind itd be nice to make things dissapear faster.

Not a bigger woodsman...?

I love the crotch crushing abilities of the woodsman, its amazing. Even on a smaller machine like mine, machine fed is no problem.

Problem is chip throwing, and inconsistencies in builds. When i have a question they need pictures as they seemed to never build two the same, until now that terex is involved.
That chipper saves a lot of time as far as processing tops, they got that down for sure. I think i can still get a decent buck for mine, under 700 hrs, looks fresh, runs like a top.

A bb250 is a 12" disk, nick.

I rate the 250xp very highly. I probably prefer the drum machines, as the knife wear is less of an issue, and when a bandit disk plugs up, they are a nightmare to clean out.

I've found my 250xp only has ever plugged if it was dull knives or anvil. They dull easily but with proper maintenance it's a beast. 140hp JD in mine.

Brendon, my 01 200XP has about 4000 hrs on it. 89 hp Perkins. Knock wood, it has the stock bearings and clutch. It is a chipping beast in 6-8" wood. I tend to watch it a little more in 10-12". It needs to last another yr before I get another. If it had a bigger motor, it would be fantastic.

Mine was originally a Bartlett line clearing chipper.

I see a lot for sale with 2k hrs. They look really nice. I understand its all about how it was kept up in the past though.

Like this one. 2008, 2000 hrs. I should really look at. Asking 27k, 2 hrs away.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 61
It is too bad your only looking at Brush Bandit Brendon. I am thinking about listing our Morbark m15r, it has 600 hours on it and it is a 2012.

I've stuffed a lot of brush through BB150's, 200's and 250's. Good chippers. Just don't buy one that was owned by anyone with "Rental" in the name.:lol: A friend of mine has a big ass BB drum chipper behind an IH 4800 4x4 chip truck. They snip the tops off from a bucket and crane them into the chipper. Unfortunately it's such an efficient operation, I think a lot of good logs disappear because it's so easy.:(

Brendon that's way too much to pay for a machine with 2000 hours on it. I got my 2004 1590 15" drum for 20k with only 400 hours. You can find deals out there, I comb treetrader.com pretty often there are deals to be found. Especially companies looking to sell and get out of the business. Check this machine out:

http://equipment.treetrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=18015

jp:D

Jp, id consider a 1290, 1390, and 1590 also. You got a real good deal on your machine. Im on the other coast though! Let me know if you come across anything, more my way.

Back