WTB Brush Bandit

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nothing till its hitched to the truck! Its a 15" machine. More than i thought but its a good deal and its there when i need the capacity.

Ill bump end of week.

I just picked this chipper up when I was in California, had no intentions of buying a chipper but couldn't turn it down so now I have two 15" chippers need to sell one fast! It's a 2006 15x with 900 hours. I'm hoping it chips as well or better than my 1590xp I've read nothing but good things about the Woodsmans and the 18xx I used on occasion a few years ago was just unreal.

jp:D

Attachments

• woodsman15x.jpeg
    woodsman15x.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 51
Thats nice!

I like the woodsmana in most respects. Crush cracking monsters. Some things erk me about the company, but they say the new models are coming together better now that terex took over.

I read on your buzz post that your machine is a 2006? This machine is also listed as a 2006 but has the old model numbers (15x) Do you know what year they changed the model numbers? I've also heard mixed reviews on their customer support; granted that doesn't bother me too much as customer support on almost all machines is pretty poor here in HI, which is unfortunately the norm out here.

jp:D

Funny thing is, after all the hype, I was severely dissapointed with the infeed ability of the 18XX we tried. Certainly in comparison to the 460 and 565 conehead, it was useless.

The coneheads must be incredible because the 18xx I used was scary powerful and fast. Although koaman had owned it and capped the fluid running to one of the hydraulic motors and so doubled the speed of the feed wheel.

Funny thing is, after all the hype, I was severely dissapointed with the infeed ability of the 18XX we tried. Certainly in comparison to the 460 and 565 conehead, it was useless.

If its the one I'm thinking of, it was undoubtably the worst chipper I have ever used. Chute blocked constantly, no crush on the infeed, radio remote worse than useless, bloody thing would only chip for 20 minutes at a time before it shut down. Maybe we just got a bad one?

Na. Decided not to do the drive. The only way id get the new one would be if my trucker buddy has room on his trailer his trip by. Whatever, what i have has worked for the last six years so oh well for now. :|:

I cant imagine it was running properly.

My small chipper crushes material much, much better than larger other brand chippers ive used while workng with other companies.

Honestly... If you looked at the specification and compared it... The Woodsman just had the drive motor to the big roller bolted on the side. It wasn't even a particularly large motor. On my equivalent Conehead, it had 2 much bigger motors on each side of the yoke, with 14:1 reduction chain drives. The infeed torque on that baby was immense. In my opinion, although the 2 machines had similar price tags and power units, 1 was a small whole tree / forestry chipper, the other an enlarged tree service machine. Big difference feeding limbs in with a min to feeding whole trees in with a 40k# excavator loader. The conehead never missed a beat, the Woodsman died after 20 minutes.

I was really disappointed with that machine, it took weeks to actually get it on site, as the owner couldnt get it to work properly. They ended up flying in a tech from Holland to sort out the radio remote but it was never right. They dropped it off the low loader and it was the size of a small house and looked the business, then we tracked it up the first brash pile, Martin stuffed some brash in it and the chute blocked with chip immediately. That was my introduction to the machine, and it didnt get any better.

Back