Work shirt recommendations

canadianclimber

TreeHouser
Hey,

About to order some shirts. Wondering if anyone has used a 50 poly/ 50 cotton blend shirt? Or some blend other then 100% cotton. I've always just got the 100% and thought about trying something different.

I'll most likely be getting the Gildan brand as my local dealer will give a decent price. The 50/50 will be a few bucks more. Any insight would be great.

At least 50/50, if not one of the tech fabrics.

Warning: my brother's body chemistry doesn't tolerate polyester...he STINKS if he wears it! Some people are built that way...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Seems like 50/50 is the winner. Apart from Bermy's brother does anyone else have smell issues?

I often have that problem with synthetics but the shirts I got this year are great. Made by sport trek.

We're getting shirts printed right now. When I asked the crew, they unanimously voted for 100% cotton. I was surprised, but it's my preference, too! I can't stand the smell issue.

We're going to get a brand made here in Los Angeles so that we can support local business!

---------
Like this

At least 50/50, if not one of the tech fabrics.

Warning: my brother's body chemistry doesn't tolerate polyester...he STINKS if he wears it! Some people are built that way...
Yes, I got some polyester Ts for me and the lads we all stank awful within hours.

I always have at least one spare shirt handy, usually more.

I keep a big ziploc bag (from something I ordered sometime in the past) in the truck, in which I have a full change of clothes, all the way to underwear and socks. I have had saw caps come off at times, getting gas or oil all over my leg while climbing. I like having a change of clothes handy if and when it's needed. I always keep an extra T-shirt or two in the truck as well during hot weather.

Personally I wear cotton T shirts underneath with sweat shirt over that in cooler weather. We do have pretty easy weather though compared to northern US or the bayou.

Methinks that document would eliminate most people from the position of EXCELLENT GROUNDMAN....and the spare jeans would be the least concern...:/:

I like the Gildan 50/50 shirts. I'm trying to decide between an order of them in dark green or maybe trying some hi-vis shirts. Right now we just wear vests when they make sense. I think the hi-vis tees would get filthy quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not if you use bleach and let them soak overnight. Dark green's gonna absorb the heat from the sunshine in a bad way.

I wear white and they clean up just fine.

Attachments

• P5120021 (Large).jpg
    P5120021 (Large).jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 64
I like half button shirts too, Nungar Trading, lime green. For some reason woven work shirts are cooler and dry more quickly than cotton T shirts. I like them for the hot weather work and the long sleeves keeps the sun off and cuts down on scratches. And a collar looks 'cool' and can be flipped up top keep the sun off!

I also have a bunch of cheap as chips Gildan 100% cotton T's, but I wear them layered over a long sleeve wicking shirt, great for the in-between seasons like now in Tasmania.

This thread suffers a bit from the fact that we work under so different conditions.

Back