Winter Is Here !

oh shesh, i forgot about the gas station. i for one am glad you sold that!!
weve had a coupl frosts already but barelyhitting the thirties at night now

Yah interesting times for a few long term staffers from there. The guy who bought it from me kept all of my staff, the newguy who just took over laid off everyone and started fresh. Also I heard before a couple of the old staff where gone he'd instructed everyone to toss any mail that came for me? I mean no big deal it's been awhile and certainly nothing important would be going there in the mail. But still kind of rude all around. Espescially because it's not a highway site it's a community store. And despite rapid recent growth it's still who ya know around here for business.

Bitching about the long hours, wearing out his truck, people complaining, people wanting their parking lot plowed right away, (I mean, who the hell do they think they are?) having to take the checks to the bank, having too much money in his account. Am I leaving anything out?:)

lol poor Squish

I have to buy a 8' Western this year. I had been using my dad's last year but now we both need to be using the plow at the same time. Gotta check on prices really soon here and stop procrastinating on that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Seriously , I went to 100% wood heat this year....had to cut two holes in the house for the pipe and another in the floor to let stove heat upstairs .... so far good 30 out/70 in , both floors....nothing against fuel oil but...Wood don't come in a giant ship from Saudi Arabia........Also I don't plow snow but for ten years I made snow...

Lol, then you need to turn on the ac man! 79 feels toasty warm when it's chilly out. A little to warm though, I've got two windows cracked and the stove turned right down. Not to bad here just dipping below freezing at night, nothing drastic yet.

Perfect hot tub weather.:D

80s during the day here with high 50s at night. Having a hot spell for October. Window open, fan on and occasionally using the swap cooler during the day... But... Have a lot of wood for the winter ready to go :)

High 30's at night low 60's day time . The geothermal works great .

The woodstove won't see any action until it gets in the 20's ,maybe mid Dec .

turned the electric baseboard on in Bubs room the last week or so, to keep it just above 22C. The rest of the joint, doors get opened daily to get some fresh air, its 12C high and 3C low outside, thats PERFECT working weather. ;)

Saw a guy in a 4x4 pickup with a snowplow towing 2 jetskis today. Ya never know around here.

I don't care WHO you are... that's just damn funny!

Good one J.

A few years back, I managed to snap a pic of a Roto-Rooter van pulling a 16 foot boat. I L'dMAO all the way home!

I keep thinking of this song when I see this thread title.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gFC8sDTXlng&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gFC8sDTXlng&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back