Who wants a screaming deal on a new Boxer 532DX? No 'fools!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I might even come to like grinding, in time, for a low brain power chill out. I will have to figure out an umbrella / sun shade and mount. Only sensible.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Did you get a grinder?

Looking good, you'll learn tricks as you go, impressive machines!

I have two jobs on the same road as this last job, on my peninsula, next week for chipper/ chip truck, grapple and bucket. Old bid just came in. That job with the buried dogwood in the rockery Root Crown Excavation will continue. ER doc in the house for a year or two. A few ducats at his disposal.

I wonder about being able to build an attachment with a root ripper http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab184/johnny10k/RootripperC.jpg

This dogwood property has the drain/ leach field running in a forested area. A common problem around here, I'd bet.

If the root ripper could open a narrow slit, I could slid in a root barrier.

I am also wondering how people move their trailers with their mini in regards to mounting a hitch tube to their grapple, on a universal plate, etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
For a single point ripper on a mini, I would get a blank mounting plate and a box blade ripper tine. I might also build a tree pusher on it, if that's it's intended application.

Back in the day i needed a way to move my chipper i to yards. I came up with a slide in pintle hitch, to the bottom of the post on the grapple. Branch manager has a slide in reciever mount for the grapple now, instead of a dedicated pintle like i had, its a receiver mount. Works great. I bring my chipper to the work all the time. 6500-7000 lbs too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 55
Did you get a grinder?

Looking good, you'll learn tricks as you go, impressive machines!

As soon as I can afford it, I'll get one. I have truck issues to sort first, unfortunately. Still interested in the Stumper Industries.

With this 32 horse kubota, I would only gain about 6 horse and a lot of sweep from a 38 Special, but 2-3 ties the cost.

I'm not super experienced in grinding, with the tricks and all, but have done more than I've liked (felt like plain Work, not like climbing). I've gathered that working with the grain seems like a trick of the trade, as the teeth will shear wood differently at different orientations to the grain, as a chainsaw cut differently. It seems that the sweeping action of original style grinders maybe is not the most efficient (at a point though, all you really need is horsepower and maybe not such sharp teeth, and not horsing around for best wood shearing angles).

I wonder if the Stumper's "sideways" orientation would work to circle the stump, always working the grain with a 32 HP powerplant.

How about the radiator shielding or muffler tail pipe shielding, Brendon? Cup holder placement, and umbrella holder, and aux hydraulic operator's fan? :lol:

I have an attachment that allows 1,2 or 3 rippers, a small boom or a ball hitch on it.

Here's how I looked at the rental vs. hiring me thing. I've been out of the game for almost ten years now, but back then I got $75/hour for my Kubota backhoe. I charged a half day minimum to drop the gate on the trailer. So that's $300 for a half day job to the customer. Let's check the flip side. Renting a machine like mine, or a mini ex was about $375/day. Plus trucking both ways, about $160, plus fuel $20, plus me for a half a day to fix the mess $300. So they could pay me $300, or they could spend $855 and waste a day of their time in the process.:lol:

I bought it at an auction. The backing plate and hitch are at the yard, I think the boom and rippers are here, I'll go look

9usa2u7u.jpg

Lopper is in there for scale. I think it is a Toro part if you want to look it up

B, impressive you can move your chipper with the mini.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403752651404.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403752651404.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 163
  • uploadfromtaptalk1403752660487.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403752660487.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 163
My life just got easier hauling firewood to the house this winter. Just about half a cord of fresh, cut yesterday, birch. Looking forward to see what it does with seasoned wood.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 154
Depends on the soil. I tore up some tough ground with 1 ripper but it was a lot of work. Can run all 3 in easy soil.

I don't remember that Stephan, must be my dain bramage

Here's a cool guard the new owner of my boxer out together. Thought id share for current owners.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 93
That's nice. Thanks, B.

I need to guard the sides, too. I had a small branch end get into the left side by the filter. Danger, Will Robinson!

Back