Who wants a screaming deal on a new Boxer 532DX? No 'fools!

It worked great when I was single and even the first few years of marriage. Have two kids and it got real small real fast.

Tempting, very tempting. Wife will prolly take the kids and leave if I buy a new toy before she gets an addition on the house.

You have it the wrong way round mate.

Tell the wife that you're about to start on the home improvements, by purchasing a multi-purpose machine to do it!

Brilliant!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Boxer is having a 4% price increase at the beginning of February. The deal is still running, the current price for the BMG and 532DX is $24,650.

Let me know if you're interested!

All you did was remove the diode and the fan started working again? It seems if the flyback diode crapped out and shorted to ground somehow, it would blow a fuse. If it crapped out open, it would do the same thing as cutting it out. I'm still perplexed by that. If the diode was the issue, it would simply need to be replaced.

Do you still have the diode? What numbers are on it?

Oh, I didn't know you took the diode out AND connected the wires back... I will endeavor to remember to send an email to Boxer in the morning asking for a wiring schematic and/or guidance. If the diode was bad, the simple answer is to buy another and solder it in.

Doesn't seem to be ONE bad diode, though, right?

I've been meaning to do that. I just don't want to keep doing that if it will be a chronic problem. Not complicated, but a half man-hour project.

Diodes can go bad.... if it created an open that could prevent the fan from working and the simple fix would be to replace it. Scott's (Arborworks) Boxer is on the original diode after going on 8 years and 2600 hours.

I sort of think this stuff would be better suited in a repair thread. Two reasons. This is a sale thread. It would be an available resource in an easier to find location if moved.

I thought yours had a bad connection, Brendon?

I agree and disagree with your first point, Chris. This is a sales thread, and in that sense everything should paint the products in the best light. However, every machine will break at some point and having direct, personal access to the dealer can be a huge selling point, especially for a dealer that is (almost) entirely online. My goal selling equipment is to make both of us money for years to come. A big part of that for the customer is service after the sale. This issue(s) in this thread aren't malice and I hope are a testimate to my no BS sales and service approach.

I didn't mean they were malicious Carl. I simply thought the discussion would serve a lot of people best if it had its own title and could be more easily found in a pinch.

Didn't mean to imply that you meant malice, only that these are honest issues that are readily handled.

I agree fully with your point of archiving information.

However the "information " gets stored away I , and I suspect a lot of others, value your attitude about service Carl. I suspect that and your knowledge base/skill with machines will make you a lot of money.

So my new hydraulic hose from reservoir to pump is collapsing AGAIN.

I don't get it.

I am wondering if I can lift the rear end of the machine up near vertically, so I don't have to drain the tank, AGAIN, to change this hose. How would this affect the engine oil and fuel. I gather than some engines can only be operated up to a certain angle, due to oil feed. Will it screw something up?

How do I choose a better hose than the OEM and OEM replacement? Its about 1 1/4" diameter.

Take it to a local hydraulic shop and ask. Maybe the tank vent isn't adequate causing it to collapse the hose

Back