What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 467K
40 degrees and rainy, like the last many days, and as forecast for the next many. Miserable weather to be out working in. Glad to be retired, yet again :).

Damn Stephen, I've skiied both those mountains before, but thankfully never with anything like that! Looks like I'd need that aero suit that I think @Mellow posted the video of b4 for those conditions.... ;)

Was thankfully sunny this past weekend, but now forecasting nothing but rain through Thursday. Damn freaky warm-ass winter we're having here...

Well they don't call it the land of drought and flooding rains for nothing.

Nearly three years with no rain and it's RAINING. 8" on Saturday where I used to live in Sydney and three more days with a fair bit.

We had around 6" over four days which was pretty good, now got about a years supply in the dam. It was down to a few months, and should get a bit higher.

All down the coast to Sydney got a deluge, lots of flooded areas and just about all the fires are out now.

We're in for a handful of dry days.
Going to work a mini-access 4 removal job, 3 dead, 1 dying, in this weather window... the site is wet, generally.

2 days of strong wind here. I saw less broken stuff than I expected along the roads. I had still a spruce to dismantle in the castle's ground.
The 24" trunk exploded. The stump was rotten, but nearly nothing showing up outside though. Surprise.
They got a mess on the access road, but few real dammages.
She was gentle enough to avoid a fence, a light pole, a survey camera, a nice "litle" giant sequoia and didn't punch through the black top.

A landscaper told me that a big red oak sawn 3 weeks ago didn't make it too. She was V shapped and her short trunk was compromised. A beloved tree, so we suggested to cable her at least. But she reacted the first and now one of the two co-leaders lays at the neighbour's lot. I have no idea of the extend of dammages, the HO is in hollydays, So we'll deal with that maybe next week if I can make a room in the schedule.

Rain here. It's been a rainy winter(?). Not sure if you can really call it winter. Fall came late, and never stopped. Supposed to be 32° tomorrow and Saturday. I guess that's the winter we're getting this year. Two days... :^S

An other storm today, with rain of course. Happy wetted, shaked and frozen climber in ash, maples and hornbeam!
:big-jump:Talk about slippery...

A third storm is expected saturday night. Mad weather.

Windy!
We got blown out of the woods today. High winds made logging impossible.
So we started a brush clearing job for the National park instead, that we had kept back for such a day.
Working along a fjord with the brush cutters, one really had to lean into the wind in order not to get blown over.
We were really tired at days end.

Windy!
one really had to lean into the wind in order not to get blown over.
We were really tired at days end.

Working in stiff breeze has worn me out like no other days. I once went half way up in the bucket without setting down outriggers on one side, could easily have killed me, was punchy near end of day from leaning into a 25mph wind all day

As long as wind is minimal to non-existent, I'll work in cold as 10F (which has happened already once this year, an a few days last winter as well). Being a winter bum pays off in this profession, especially climbing in the wicked, moist cold we get around here.

Coldish day, cloudy, rainy mixed with ice drops, sunny, with a lot of surges of wind, suddenly calms down then starts again. Not very comfy nor reassuring in the crowns shaking their dead wood.
Mad weather.

Back