What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 480K
well, poop. And it's getting to be that time of year where the lake won't be warming it up much on it's way here...

Light a fire over there or something will ya?

Around freezing at night and dry, here.

Two days ago, I climbed for 3 hours in a short-sleeved and long sleeved shirt, no jacket, with some hand warmer packs in my gloves. Almost called for my jacket to be sent up.

Maybe some rain this weekend... clouds moved in last night, so warmer weather at night.

It was pretty wet here too. Probably not a record, but it sure did rain a lot.

Chilly today. About freezing. With today/tomorrow, and the cold snap at the end of December, we might have a week of winter so far. It was the warmest January on record.

It has been a very mild this winter up to yesterday. Arctic blast for a couple days with nice strong winds to make it more pleasant, but then back in to the 40s pushing 50 next week. Not a typical winter. Cuts down on the fuel to keep your house warm. Heating oil is still over $5 last I heard.

It currently is raining and I could have sworn I heard it rain sometime last night. But this time I made visual identification as I walked out the door, headed to the store. But that put a swift halt to my plans (I was walking). It was a decent amount as well. Anyways, I just took a look and I think it's done. I love rain when I have nowhere to go...and don't want to go outside...so, not right now!

More rain today. I had to travel to a doctor's appointment, but it remained light until now. It's currently coming down heavily. I have plans to climb tomorrow and the forecast shows for clear skies and a high of 56 degrees F. Perfect temperature for climbing.

EDIT: It is now downpouring quite hard with a thunderstorm. Thor is displeased. I must pray harder and give greater offerings.
EDIT2: I'm joking.

Last edited:
The rain faded away and the ground begins to dry and harden. Since a few days, it's freezing in the morning with a lot of fog, and almost hot on the afternoon. Not summer hot, but well enough to sweat while moving a bit. Bright blue sky too.
Last week I found a weeping willow with its first leaves. That's about 1.5 month too soon.

Back