What type of hitch?

• Thread starter Ace76
  • Start date
  • Replies 65
  • Views 9K
That has GOT to be a first in the history of the Internet!

I've always been underwhelmed at the intelligence of the Arbormaster staff.

Hah, gotta agree wholeheartedly with both statements, Carl...

Kenny, ya dun guud!!

If you can't dazzle them with intelligence, baffle them with bullshit.

I talked to a couple of them in Minni Apps at the Tree Fund Climb, including the dark haired owner. I was trying to gather some knowledge on the speedline I helped set up. One answer was flat wrong, the other was complete BS.

For someone such as myself I have the art & science vids and with no 'outside' connection at all I have found them quite useful.

My .02

Lol I dunno if I could afford ya.:lol:

Heh if I run into some really cool job I'll keep it in mind. I dunno if anything to spectacular treewise ever happens around here :(. I mentioned crane to a homeowner last week who's a multi-millionaire and he practically ran away!

Lol I dunno if I could afford ya.:lol:

Heh if I run into some really cool job I'll keep it in mind. I dunno if anything to spectacular treewise ever happens around here :(. I mentioned crane to a homeowner last week who's a multi-millionaire and he practically ran away!

Ha I'm cheaper than one would immagine, unless you start buying my groceries. Just ask John, Wesely, Leon, Gary, Dave, Brendon, or Brian. :P

All of these knots have their place. Good luck Ace!

Ha I'm cheaper than one would immagine, unless you start buying my groceries. Just ask John, Wesely, Leon, Gary, Dave, Brendon, or Brian. :P

Yes, he's good at spreading his mooching around.:P

Just kidding. I always enjoy being able to hang with Carl, and he is a really easy going, low maintenance guy. He sure can put away an incredible amount of food, though.

As for the Art and Science of Practical Rigging: I have only read the book, not seen the videos, but I thought the book was a good presentation of the basics of rigging. It's not written by the Arbormaster guys, though. I guess the videos were done by them? I did see one of their felling videos in which they recommended using the open face notch 100% of the time, which is ridiculous.

Sorry if there is confusion...........I re-read what I posted, and I menat half hitch not marl. Shouldnt read and type at the same time!

I tie a half hitch first and then, instead of using a bowline or a clove, I use a cow hitch and back it up with a half hitch under it.

If this is still foggy ill get a pic up later.

I've always been underwhelmed at the intelligence of the Arbormaster staff.

try these guys http://www.northamericantrainingsolutions.com/

Of course trying to teach or demonstrate something to tree guys is a difficult task. There is always someone who thinks they know more than the instructor and disrupts the whole thing. I have seen many tree related seminars go horribly wrong because of the audience.

I did see one of their felling videos in which they recommended using the open face notch 100% of the time, which is ridiculous.

That is a very touchy point with those guys.

Pete Donzelli comes to mind... tree barber chaired on him and he died. Remember him?

You will get over it :lol:

The open face cut DID NOT prevent the tree from barber chairing.

The way they taught to make a face cut was not appropriate for the tree he was working on.

For the very real fear of being sued, I suggest you do your own research on this incident or begin a thread in a more private forum. A man died, a good man.

All I can say is don't adhere to one method because every tree is different. Just because a guy says to.

Ha I'm cheaper than one would imagine, unless you start buying my groceries. Just ask John, Wesley, Leon, Gary, Dave, Brendon, or Brian. :P

My son-in-law would like to hire Carl full time. When he was in Hawaii he worked with us for 2 days for only $200 a day, and he provided his own gear.

Needs more practice with trimming coconut trees though. He did good with taking them down, but was god-awful slow on trimming. :lol:

Back