What type of hitch?

• Thread starter Ace76
  • Start date
  • Replies 65
  • Views 9K
i may have heard wrong but i thought the tree failed below him?

It did,

he was in the tree and it failed beneath him and he fell.

Barber chairing had nothing to do with it

So Frans, Im curious.....

was Donzelli stupid too?

He made a fatal mistake, surely he had it coming no?

Crystal clear Boston's Bull.

OTG, I've never taken any training from them although I've chatted with them at the conferences and they took it appon themselves to inject themselves as an authority when checking out my work on the speed line.

Ha Wesely, I suck at trimming, that's for certain. I'dda worked for free, it was a good experiance and I didn't really DO all that much. Kevin sure can tear up grass on the Gehl though. :p

Cuz, this be a DHFF zone!

DHFF= Dead Horse Flogging Free

There was NOT a lowering device. the top was butt hitched with trunk wraps for friction.

When the top was tipped over the shock load broke the tree many feet below Pete and he fell over 50 feet with two tree sections. He was attached to the spar when he hit the ground.

Pete died five years ago. I miss him dearly every day

This quote is from Tom D over at AS.

I had the pleasure of attending an Arbormaster training run by Stanley Longstaff and Pete Donzelli. Both were great guys who I learned a lot from.

Yeah Carl, I had a similar interaction with one of the Arbormasters. Maybe it was the same guy??:/:

There was NOT a lowering device. the top was butt hitched with trunk wraps for friction.

When the top was tipped over the shock load broke the tree many feet below Pete and he fell over 50 feet with two tree sections. He was attached to the spar when he hit the ground.

Pete died five years ago. I miss him dearly every day

This quote is from Tom D over at AS.

I had the pleasure of attending an Arbormaster training run by Stanley Longstaff and Pete Donzelli. Both were great guys who I learned a lot from.

Yeah Carl, I had a similar interaction with one of the Arbormasters. Maybe it was the same guy??:/:

Thanks for the post..

The eternal question is.....

why was the 'crime scene' cleaned up?

Frans

i h'eared it was cleaned up; then doc Shigo demanded all of the pieces back for forensic analysis. i understand there was rot in section below him; and the groundman took an extra (3rd?) wrap; and it didn't have enough slide and so snatched the top out at the deterioration. Pete was above that.

He was an engineer that set that aside to investigate tree climbing and rigging etc. more the way i heard it.

Knowing Tom I will take his word that it happened the way he said it did.

conspiracy theories are for t.v. shows and movies.

You're right Kenny, he was an Engineer, and he got bit by the same climbing bug as the rest of us. He made great contributions to the industry, we work in a safer worl because of him and like-minded guys like him.

you know something we don't?:/: cali is a long way from upstate New York, were you there?

uhh no.

Should I have been to have heard the truth?

Your statement is worthless. And stupid.

Did I set foot on the moon? No.

But I do believe what I hear from near and dear friends.

I morn Pete's leaving us....

Your statement is worthless. And stupid.

People who make comments like this with no supporting facts, especially with a subject as sensitive as a mans death, in Boston generally don't walk out of the establishment they are in.

Have some respect.

Back