What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Stig...are you kidding me? Eggs?? Eggs are not meat, last I checked :D.

I have no idea, never having tried to make my cornbread without an egg. But if you really do survive cooking without eggs, I suspect you have far more experience in a replacement than I. You're on your own :).

Vegetarians don't eat anything with a face.

All this time I thought Stig, like he's said already, didn't eat meat because he said he didn't like the taste. I had no idea he was a hardcore vegetarian... vegan even.

But that makes no sense...you are not eating the layer. Sorry, I must be confused :). Happens more than I like these days :D.

I second the cast iron, it's about all i cook on anymore. Little bit of oil and never use soap and it will last for centuries.

That was a joke, of course.

It is a funny thing.
If Burnham baked that cornbread and I didn't know it had egg in it, I'd eat it happily.
If I cracked that egg into the doug myself, no way could I get it down.

The puke effect.
Same reason I can't eat meat, it is not the taste I think, it just makes me spew.

For cornbread, I like it baked in iron cornstick pans. Gives it nice crispy edges. Haven't made any in a long time. I might have to pickup the ingredients this weekend.

I love em sunny side up, but DAMN if I don't always overcook them! I'm not a big fan of gooey whites, but all the yolk needs to be is warm! They always seem to morph into over-easy. :whine:

I like eggs just about any way but hard boiled. I'll eat them if it's included in a larger item like salad, but otherwise, I'm good for maybe one at easter, and that's about it. Usually make scrambled with some adobo seasoning and cheese.

I think I'm kinda like Stig in that regard. Something about the whole egg, and not being fried bothers me. Goes back to when I was a kid and didn't eat anything. It's less accurate to say I don't like them(deviled too), and more that I just don't eat them. I'll get something else off the table if deviled eggs are present, but if I was hungry enough, I'm sure I'd eat deviled eggs, and I'd probably like them well enough. Never been pushed to eat them, and I've never tried.

Deviled eggs are to die for. Waffles, pancakes, and lots of muffins have eggs in them.... you can make them without, but they are far better with them.

I agree. Eggs are awesome just about every way but boiled style(and weird Asian rotten egg/embryo stuff :^P ). I should eat a deviled egg next time one's available. I'm not nearly as picky as I was when I was a kid, but old habits die hard.

Haha! I can’t help but think of the commercials on the Canadian rock stations I get from southern Ontario. I think they’re not actually allowed to advertise it just as cheese, they always say processed cheese. Long “O” sound too like “prooocessed” lol.
I still love the stuff, gonna do grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch tomorrow.