What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

I'll be up several hours yet...I enjoy the quiet in the evening. daytime sounds like a construction zone around here.

gunning engines, backup beepers, outdoor sandblasting, cars & trucks speeding by...you name it.

ummlbft.jpg
___12096288_974316685943283_3561768155037948580_n.jpg

Last edited:
Wifey was nice enough to do her homestyle, Sichuan style cooking. Double fried pork w/tofu and long green hot peppers, stir-fried spinach and real, honest to goodness wontons (you have to try them; you'll never want the pre-fab pieces of mierda from China Wok again)! ;)

Put a nice slab of fresh salmon fillet on the smoker grill, cooked up a double boiler pot of grits, made up our standard salad: tomato (still have some from the garden), cuke, avocado, sweet red pepper, crimini mushrooms, and romaine. Dressing is balsamic vinegar, olive oil, grated parmesan, and some granulated garlic.

Simple, easy, and mighty hard to beat.

That sounds really good Burnham. I'm a little ambivalent about the grits(That's more for breakfast when I'm visiting the grit belt), but that salad sounds great, and I'm always down for smoked fish of all kinds.

How's your weight Butch? Keeping it on ok?

Got some Walmart cooked ribs from the deli cold marinating in Heinz 57 to be slow-cooked in the crockpot tomorrow. They are tough as shoe leather if you eat them as is, and you leave a lotta meat on the bone... but after a good long low heat soaking, the meat falls off the bone!!! I can't wait 'til supper!!!

Two grilled cheese(extra sharp cheddar and sourdough bread) and tomato soup. For dessert, I had some hard pretzels. Got my shipment of 8# of Martins of PA's pretzels today. Got a bag at the Amish hardware store a couple weeks ago, and they were the best pretzels I've ever had. Had to get more. I'm kind of ambivalent about pretzels. Most are mediocre, and I won't even bother, but the ones I like, I really like. I think they're Mennonite owned. Certainly religious in any case. On one of their pages, they said they're waiting for the rapture. Hope they leave enough pretzels for me to finish out my time here :^D

John, if your a pretzel hound, see if any of your stores carry Utz brand, and then ask them to order the pumpernickel rods. Way too good, especially when dipping.

Road trip to Pittsburgh meal. Rest stop BK for a Whopper w/bacon & cheese, O-rings and the standard diet coke to help keep my ass awake for the 5:45 drive... ;)

Man - I'm STILL full from tonight's Walmart ribs!!!

Try the unbelievable Whopper, Brian - you won't believe it!

Last edited: