What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Maryland. I prefer to think of this region as distinctly mid Atlantic. Technically we're the south, but in practice, not exactly true. Has elements of the north and the south, and can drastically change in not very long drives.

I'd pass. I'm a heathen that likes steak well done. Beyond well done with charred bits on the edges is even better :^D

I actually don't really eat steak. I'd rather have a bacon cheeseburger if I'm at a place that serves steak. Well done, with sharp cheddar, onion and jalapeño is my favorite.

I had some andouille sausage and some habanero cheddar lol trying to find more flavor while doing keto. It gets boring after a while.
Sausage and cheese ? Keto diet ? You gotta EAT son ... if ya wanna burn off some lard ya gotta sweat it off imho ... I’ve got an xtra splitting maul and a nice pile of ash that needs splitting 😉

Ha! A bit more body/ belly fat than I prefer still, 200lbs at 6’ tall, fitting back into my old jeans with 34 waist with a little room to spare. I was over 240 about a year ago and the 36 waist was getting snug. I do a lot of stairs at work and back then I was starting to have knee pain. That has disappeared without a trace now. There might still be a soldier’s body under the flab, we’ll see at 185lb.

I’ll probably stick with keto anyways just because I like how I feel. Lots of energy, and feel well rested after 5 hours of sleep. When I cheat it’s usually ice cream or chocolate and I just want a nap an hour later. I can do without most carbs anyways. Rice, potatoes, bread, and pasta just seem boring to me unless they’re in good soup or maybe casseroles. Dessert and fresh fruit is always tempting me.

Just gotta make sure you’re gettin your micro-nutrients ... a nice steak and egg breakfast followed by 2-3 hrs of maul work and at least a gallon of water thru the day helps shred the lard for sure ... having said that everyone’s physiology is different ; mileage may vary

Is Johnny fat?
dunno , like da energy drinks though 😆

I do a fair share of cooking mainly because I like to .This evening it was oven roasted potatoes and fried chicken breast strips highly seasoned .I was raised in the bland flavored food of the mid west but acquired a taste for more Cajun like stuff .With this stuff beer is a mandatory beverage because tea totalers won't eat it ---,more for me .:D

Don't really eat dinners anymore, like going to bed with an empty stomach. Breakfast and lunches are generally large.

Three eggs with two types of peppers, garlic and onions; 3 thick slices of ham; zucchini sauted in olive oil also with peppers, garlic and onions; topped with extra sharp white cheddar.
This was all preceded with a large glass of homemade kombucha and a cup and a half of mixed nuts.
IMG_1092.jpg

A "Gobbler" sub from WaWa :^D I wanted the bowl, but it wasn't on the menu for some reason. The sub's always messy, and I don't enjoy messy food as much. It comes with turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, and I think mashed potatoes. I added Swiss cheese, onion, and Parmesan cheese. Tasted good, but I really slopped myself up.

I was in a breakfast mood - two Jimmy Dean sausage, egg and cheese, buttered muffins with extra cheese and bacon! YES!

Last edited: