What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

No kidding...sorry for you right now, Stephen :). Mine wasn't as good as it might have been, commercial offerings being that way in general, but it beat going without by a long shot, my friend :D.

I had lefty surprise hash tonight. a mix of two kinds of baked potatoes, roast chicken thigh and part of the pork roast as well as some green peas. All tossed in a bit of oil in the frying pan, mmm good. LOL. Good news is, we are down to 1 tupperware of leftover stuff in the fridge ;)

Still working on that myself.. I did relieve the fridge of 4 pieces of tupper ware tonight though :D
Some rice, gravy, beans, sauce :)
I am such a good little homemaker :lol:

The incidence of leftovers increases the closer we get to the weekend.
The last two nights were 'bubbles and squeaks' like I think I recall they say in Great Britain.
Tonight will be fresh Northwest salmon filets, gingered carrots, broccoli, and a wild rice mix.

They had a sale on some boneless pork in town, so I think I will grill up some pork with a rub and make salads out of it with some fresh garden lettuces and greens.
Too friggen hot to cook indoors.

I finally got my piggy back from the butcher, so we've been feasting on different permutations of spicy wild hog sausage.

Moussaka with Greek salad and garlic bread. And yes Greg, the salad came with pepperoncini peppers.:P Must be we have different Greeks around here.:/:

Nathan's hot dogs and brats on the grill, chips, fresh greenbeans steamed quick then sauteed in butter....and...to top it off....a bowl of ice cream.

For old times sake, silly pictures.
Yesterday was burgers and corn etc. Today was steak, wild rice, peas, salad then a grilled peach with ice cream for dessert. :)

Attachments

• IMAG0717.jpg
    IMAG0717.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0735.jpg
    IMAG0735.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0736.jpg
    IMAG0736.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 0
Dijon, catsup, onion, lettuce, cheddar, tomato and angus burger on whole wheat bun. times 2 for me. The patty was just crusty on the outside cooked to the center...
:D I want to make up my own patties next time, I have an idea to mix lean ground beef with some Johnsonville sausage meat... maybe 80/20 or 70/30 mix, should give it distinct flavour at the least.

garlic chicken tortellini with pesto alfredo sauce, garlic bread and a cucumber & tomato salad.

Attachments

• IMAG0803.jpg
    IMAG0803.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 0
actually, it is moms in law's from her garden. ;) Added to store bought alfredo sauce in the pot.

Here's what we're having for noms when the missus gets home:
Baby carrots, whole peas, yellow pepper, red onion, potatoes, and a couple pounds of beef roast. Seasoning went simple... celery seed, parsley, oregano, and garlic salt. Just put it in the oven... I'm gonna score me some hubby points! :love4: :lol:

2011-07-06_15-46-33_720.jpg

I made up some sorta saute and served it over brown rice. Spicy chicken sausages, prawns, onion and garlic, mushrooms, sweet peppers, and a diced up to-die-for ripe mango! It came out very well, if I say so myself.