What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Did a similar thing as last night but added lentils and water sautéed instead of the rwv. The rwv was good, but a bit overpowering. No pics 'cause I ate it.

So Junior was splitting drive time with me today, and while I was dealing with work emails, he missed the ramp to stay on I-80 and ended up on I-74 heading SE away from our hotel. As it was in Illinois and dark, and I wasn't too familiar with the area, I didn't notice. I told him to get off at the exit I stayed at on the way out, as there are lots of decent restaurant options there. Well he gets off at the exit # I told him, and I look around and go "WTF; where are all the hotels/restaurants?". Then I see the signs to get back on I-74 and realize "Oh shit, now where are we?!?!" We get our bearings straight and figure out how to get back on track to get to our hotel, and lo and behold, we run across a Checkers. We used to go there frequently back in the armpit, but almost all had closed down in our state. I had the Baconzilla combo, and the fries were better than I remembered. Yea it was fast food, but oh, so good!

Add-on: Link this to How'd it Go Today.

We have a few Checkers around here. They're greasy disasters, but I like them every so often, and yea, the fries are really good.

We didn't really eat dinner maybe lupper or later lunch, but anyway, prime rib with twice baked potatoes with all of the fixings (bacon bits, sour cream, chives, and extra old stinky cheddar.

Asa usual we have cheese fondue for new years eve.
With a nice Swiss sparkling wine.
Then at midnight the traditional marcipan cake " Kransekage" with a glass of Tokay, I brought home from Slovakia this summer.
There is a small part of the Tokay district that is in Slovakia, which of course annoys the Hungarian, no end.

Happy new year, folks!

Attachments

• 20221231_193216.jpg
    20221231_193216.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5