What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Only 35 miles away :^D I guess living in the country isn't always sunshine and lollipops, eh?

It's got its ups and downs. Like the elevator business.

El Wife-o was at the big town to the south for the weekend. 150 miles.

It was a quilting retreat.

She got to eat a something or other at a Taco Bell.

The rest of us are pretty jealous. Never been to a Taco Bell before.

This Spicy Pizza just came out I guess.

This is a big deal.
Literally nothing exciting happens up here.

Some of it is pretty weird… get a craving for a Whopper and a shake, eat it, seems good, then boom, all motivation for the rest of the day just fritters off into the abyss and it’s time for TV and a nap. It’s like a narcotic sometimes.

Our BK isvthe absolute worst! Just dont go unless you just have no choice and dont vf feel like a 45 min - 1 hour drive. Never get orders right. Double fried french fries (chips). Cold breakfast. Fug it.
Subway I gave up on as well. Only two fast foods in town, and they suck.
Bettrr places for take out. Just longer wait. Call ahead.

BurgerKing sucks anyway. If that's the only choice, I keep an MRE in the truck for such occasions.

I just ate a bag of doritos shaken up with apollo pepper hot sauce. Chased it with beer and expired milk. A poor decision, but not the worst I've made.

@lxskllr MRE's aint so bad. Wife and I keep those and Solo stoves with nesting pots in the rigs, along with some instant coffee. Good on impromptu road trips, or the occasional disaster. Came in handy more than once.

Last edited:
I love MREs! That's my treat food. I haven't been eating as many since my robot died, and I've been working with the boss. I carry lunch with me every day, but we always go out to eat if we aren't at the office. I try to save them as field food since they're expensive.

Whats the robot?

After many, many miles on the road I've learned what's cheaper than MRE's is the instant stuffing and mashed potatoes at the grocery store. If you can plan it, salami, cheddar and crackers will go a long way too. Canned dolmas are tasty, but spendy.

I'm a surveyor, and the instrument I used to use(total station. like a transit, but more accurate, and shoots distances) could be operated from the prism pole, so I worked by myself. It died, so we're using a manually operated total station, but that requires two people.

It was actually shells cause I hate spaghetti :^D

I said "pasta" cause I didn't want it to sound more exotic than it was, but "spaghetti" would have been technically inaccurate.