What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

AD633ED0-CAA3-4AFF-95E5-FA3251368E8C.jpeg 5879E6DC-A614-462C-AE3A-1D52B0A78F3D.jpeg
really a breakfast but since we were with out children we woke up really late. This was dinner tonight. Basket weaved bacon over breakfast sausage over scrambled eggs with a lot of cheese. Three hours in the smoker. I really like using a smoker. I can cook all day and that’s my excuse to do nothing but stare at it and drink beer AD633ED0-CAA3-4AFF-95E5-FA3251368E8C.jpeg 5879E6DC-A614-462C-AE3A-1D52B0A78F3D.jpeg

Grilled cheese and soup. Was walking over to my computer with it, and tripped over firewood. Spilled some soup on my keyboard and table. I then kicked the firewood out of the way, and kicked the shit out of my radio that happened to be in my vision when this all went down. Washed the keyboard and table, put the radio back together, and restacked the firewood. Dinner sucked :^D

If the kids were home, we would probably have grilled ham and cheese with tomato soup and pickles. It's sleeting and that meal is perfect for weather like this.
However, since both kids are over night elsewhere, chicken in the pot. Basically chicken soup with whole chicken and large chucks of veggies.

Friday I rolled in from the trip and had not recalled it was our anniversary. There on the table was a card and a pineapple. Our first year anniversary I brought Karen one and a card that said “You are the pineapple of my eye”. Tonight we got Indian take-out to celebrate our 33 years (legal), though we have known each other for 46 years.
F48D1752-2AFF-4BD7-9B76-A904ED215653.jpeg

My wife made some weird nonpasta pasta dish with zucchini noodles. It kinda resembled a spaghetti with meat sauce. It was good but weird.

Good to have one's culinary boundaries stretched, once in a while.

I made a really old traditional Belgian dish, that I invented about 15 years ago.

Thing is, I love Brussel sprouts.
There is only so many ways you can do them, so I got to thinking, What Would The Belgians Do ( Bruxelles being the capital of Belgium).
Since they are also famous for their beer, I figured they would cook them in beer.

Add some garlic ( A lot!) onions and potatoes.

Start out heating some olive oil till it is smoking hot, then toss in some caraway seeds and pop them like corn.
That tames them down, some.
Then add onions and garlic, pour in the beer and the rest of the ingredients.
Put in a cube or two of bouillon and some thyme and cook till done.

A year after my divorce, my x-wife called and asked if she could have the recipe :) P1080010.JPG

Those Brussels look really good stig. I've been eating a lot of frozen ones lately. Microwave them in the bag, dump them in a bowl, and add butter and OldBay.

Jonny, your woman's a genius, substituting bacon for celery. That would make my lunchtime vegetable assortment really zing. I usually have celery as the bottom layer. Making that bacon instead would take it to a whole new level :^D