What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Cook up the rice separate, set aside.

Cut the peppers in half, core and seed them. Dip in a pot of boiling water for half a minute, remove and cool in a colander under cold running water.

Grate the cheese. Cut the sausage up into small pieces. Stir up the egg in a separate dish. Sauté the veggies a little.

Mix the rice, sauté, egg, cheese, and sausage in a bowl, salt and pepper to taste. Lay the pepper halves in a baking dish open top up, and fill with the mixture. Bake at 350 F. for 30-40 minutes.

Percentages of all ingredients subject to your own preferences. Use enough pepper halves to accept it all, filled bountifully :).

That does look good.

My vegetable pusher had some fine ripe pineapples and some nice fresh cilantro.
Since I have some Habanero chilies in the freezer from last fall, I made a batch of pineapple-habanero hotsauce, my favourite.

Now I can spice sandwiches and stuff up for the next couple of months.

Habanero rocks. Really nice balanced fruity flavor, and good heat without going over the top. I especially like the Costa Rican sauces eg Melindas, Tropical Pepper Co et al.

Habanero rocks. Really nice balanced fruity flavor, and good heat without going over the top. I especially like the Costa Rican sauces eg Melindas, Tropical Pepper Co et al.

Not much in the way of hot sauce in the stores here.
If I want something, I'll have to make it myself.

So I usually make a lot in fall and can it.
Everybody were crazy about the Habanero-Pineapple variety, so that got eaten up way too fast.

Chicken Italian sausage and deer brats. GFI blew in my garage and. Found out late last night. My chest freezer is on its own circuit so not much lost. It was still cold but thawed. Thank fully I don’t keep much in my garage fridge/freezer. Some beef heart, tongue, and liver might be tossed. A few soup bones as well. I might just boil all that up for dog food.

Came across some fine white asparagus at the farmer's market today, so we had those for dinner.

Not something one finds often in Denmark, but just south of the border our German neighbours are mad about them.

So we decided to take a trip down there next spring, find a little quiet village inn, stay for a couple of days and gorge on Asparagus and white wine.
The Germans make the finest crispest white wines in the World IMO.

Our Belated Anniversary Dinner.

Reverse sear tenderloin (over cooked it), grilled lobster tail, clams, mussels, and scallops.

Lettuce salad with home made blue cheese dressing.

exK4PR9.jpg

Looks like you are doing good, Jim.
We are finally getting to the part of year where the polytunnel and garden start producing.

I harvested Basil today and made some 6 pds of pesto.
So we had new potatoes with pesto genovese and a salad with lettuce and radishes from the garden and cucumbers from the tunnel.

Nothing like freshly dead veggies.

Next week the tomatoes will be coming in and with 50+ plants, we'll be drowning in them.

A good time to be a herbivore.

Had sushi out for lunch since I was working with the boss, so I ate my packed lunch for dinner; most of it anyway. Kippered herring on FinnCrisp, a piece of Gruyère, and some carrots, tomatoes, and celery. Also had a Yuengling black & tan.