What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Place was pretty crazy and you never knew moment to moment what was going to happen, good or bad. One moment you were awesome, next you were being yelled at or questioned about stuff often not knowing WTF and expected to answer.

I'm just getting over the flu and have passed it on to my wife, so I figured soup would be good.

So we are having pumpkin soup with lots of garlic and fresh ginger.

And not totally vegetarian, either.

While I was chopping the ginger, I got to thinking about the big, damasqued veggie chopper, that I have commissioned a knifemaker to make for my partner, Richard. He has been wanting one for a long time and it'll be such a fine gift for him, since the handle will be made in sneezewood from his mothers farm in South Africa.

When you start thinking about other stuff while chopping ginger with a japanese chef's knife, the soup doesn't end up being totally vegetarian:lol:

Inhaling the dust from sanding it makes you sneeze.

I recently put the piece , I got from Richard through the bandsaw.

It was like standing in a cloud of freshly ground black pepper.

YOU WORKED THERE?!?!?!? Man o man, would I LOVE to sit down on the tailgate with you and pick your brain. In fact, its on my bucket list now.

Yeah, worked there for a while as a banquet and evening chef. Was more of a sous chef job in a lot of ways as they had an executive chef I worked under. Not all that exciting but rather stressful as jobs go.:|:

I can imagine. Just tell me this.... Did you ever see anything noteworthy? I'm not fishing for graphic or detailed answers. A yes or no would work?

Didn't have it yet, it is on the burner.

Rösti, which I've been making ever since working in Switzerland as a youngster, steamed brussel sprouts, glazed with butter and horseradish and as an erzats salad: carrots, Jerusalem artichokes and ½ a red onion, sliced paper thin on the mandolin and marinated with tamari, ginger, lemon juice and cold pressed canola oil.

Nothing fancy, just winter veggies but it'll be pretty good, I think.