• Thread starter Wagnaw
  • Start date
  • Replies 28
  • Views 3K
W

Wagnaw

It's gonna happen!!

Hello All,

This is Andrew With the Tree Crew at Warren Wilson College, and I would like to invite you all to the 1st ever, Warren Wilson Tree Climbing Competition.

The event will be May 2nd and 3rd, in the beautiful trees of main campus. For those interested, the schedule is:

Friday Night, gear check in Canon Lounge.
Saturday, 7:00 am (Check-in)
7:30-8:00 am (Competition starts)

Master Challenge after lunch. Awards ceremony to follow, and I'm working on the "Afterwards." A great time to be had for all, to say the least.

Anyone interested in competing, feel free to send me a PM, and I'll email you the registration.

As this is the first REAL event we've put on here at the college, I would love for this to be a success. Anyone interested in being a judge or tech, please PM me and I'll give you any information you may need.

I'll try to be there... hell, I may even throw my hat in the ring on this one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is this open to ANYONE?

love
nick

Yeah. This is meant to be a "real deal" competition sponsored by the College and organized by the Tree Crew. I've always wanted to get a comp established for the Western part of North Carolina, so maybe, and hopefully, this can turn into something we do every year.

This area has some great trees. We should use em' !

If you or anyone else is interested. We're reserving hotel rooms down the road at a discounted price (If you don't work something else out), and I can mail anyone the registration. I'm gonna try and post it for download in a bit.

Grasshoppers!?! :D

You should see Cera and Eli climb. I'm impressed... 8)

Come on. Who else wants to join in? So far, some guys from Heartwood are coming, and I've had some response from Treebuzz. Don't let ol' tree buzz out do you guys for a good time!! :/:

I might come out; you are 3 hours away.

I'll compete, if you have an age 50+ division. Otherwise I'll just judge or something, and play with the trees on the ground. :evil:

I'll compete, if you have an age 50+ division. Otherwise I'll just judge or something, and play with the trees on the ground. :evil:

you drove up here to do treework in Montreat......whats the difference? Support is what Andrew is looking for from you:D...not a competitor:lol:
Just support a good cause WWC treecrew is great. Besides this is the happiest place in the US right?

Ohh... and I'm throwing in a little bonus for all judges and techs that volunteer.

...a 5/8 tenex loopie sling, big enough to fit a 18" limb w/ a block.

I figure people should get some kind of goodies for their good deeds.

you drove up here to do treework in Montreat......whats the difference?
:? Wwelll, there are 2 differences:

1. I was passing through on my way back home from a high-paying job.

2. I had a high-paying job in Montreat.

But I should be able to line up some work out that way in May, so maybe there will be no difference! :D

Thanks wagnaw for working on this. Always happy to see the next generation rising to successful occasions! 8)

Guy thinks climbing for free seems like heresy... at least that was his excuse to not go to Geezers08.

I'll let Skillin and Cormack know about it, I'll bet they'll come.

I would be Delighted if you would like to judge. ....or tech. Really, I think the techs are gonna be the ones who luck out with this. The views from these trees are awesome.

Guy thinks climbing for free seems like heresy... at least that was his excuse to not go to Geezers08.

Yeah!!! Let everyone know about it. There's alot of stuff going on at the college that weekend. After the gear check, there's a circus on campus (that the students put on), on Saturday after the comp, there's a concert on campus. It should all be alot of fun for anyone who attends.

And I repeat.... BIG TREES. :D

Lets not harass eachother, but me and the tree crew will look forward to meeting all who can make it. It's gonna be a great time.:D

And if anyone wants to come up and help clean up the trees any weekend before the comp, let me know. The "official" clean up will be the weekend before, but we may do a little before then if anyone wants to come up and climb (maybe see the trees ahead of time). :/:

Things are falling into place!! We also set up a web page for the event.

http://www.warren-wilson.edu/~landscaping/treecrewnews.php

Look around at the pictures too. See some of the things that the Tree Crew and Landscape Crew are up to.

http://www.warren-wilson.edu/~landscaping/landscaping.php

I hope that everyone is putting it in the schedule! I've been working hard on gathering sponsors for the event, and support I've found!!

Keep an eye out, as I will continue to add updates as they finalized!

Ohh... and there's a "Rock for Consent" concert after the competition. I'm a little unsure of the bands right now, but rumor has it, the show will be awesome. :rockon:

Cya for now,

Andrew

So if I said that I hope things go off without a hitch, it wouldn't really 'fit' here, would it ?!? Har har !!!
Sounds like it'll be a great time !!!!

We also have a flier now! I made it up today, but I think I may add some more to it tomorrow. Sponsors and donors are going to be added as they're finalzed.

Attachments

• WWC-TCC (flattened).jpg
    WWC-TCC (flattened).jpg
    287 KB · Views: 9
Back